Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
Garrett Metal DetectorsKellyCo Metal Detectors
MinelabWhite's Electronics
Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
DetectorProAmerican DiggerKellyCo Metal Detectors
JDug Metal Detector RentalsFort Bedford Metal DetectorsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesCivil War Relics

Very nice indeed! metal detecting smiley (n/t)

The purpose of our the SHRRA is to research, find and preserve artifacts of our American Heritage. The meeting is the first Monday of every month at the Italian Pie Restaurant in Slidell, La. The Italian Pie is located at 1319 Gause Blvd., Slidell, La. (985) 661-0240. Fellowship starts at 6:30 PM.

Rare Louisiana Pelican Found On Club Hunt
August 10, 2011 10:47PM
It is always heart stopping to find a Louisiana Pelican but to find this one was "strokesville" !!

I dug this Saturday in south Louisiana on a club hunt and realized almost immediately from the design and lack of a rope border it was a Louisiana Local. I could see a faint back-mark but could not read it. I thought at first it was probably a Casimere Rouyer which is pretty rare but when I got home and did a preliminary cleaning it turned out to be a Charles Bellenot made button. I still have a bit of cleaning to do but Bellenot is quite clear. Charles Bellenot was a die maker with a shop at the corner of Exchange Place and Bienville St. in New Orleans. He was in business from 1851 to 1862 and made Louisiana buttons and bugle and pelican hatpins. This button is very rare and I could not believe I had dug one! Some days are better than others!!.

Now to find a hatpin!!

Super Nice Find!..Congrats! (n/t)
August 17, 2011 10:58PM
This message does not contain any text.
Very nice indeed! metal detecting smiley (n/t)
August 17, 2011 11:55AM
Very, Very nice Relic, Congratulations! (n/t)
August 16, 2011 11:38AM
Beautiful
August 14, 2011 11:05AM
Looks even better cleaned up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 51
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013