Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
KellyCo Metal DetectorsMinelab
White's ElectronicsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal DetectorsPredator ToolsEast Texas Treasure Outfitters
CS Sales & ServicesFort Bedford Metal DetectorsJDug Metal Detector RentalsJLowe’s Guns

Re: Devou barber club...

For those people interested in coin and relic hunting, bottle hunting, or any other forms of treasure hunting. The NKTHC meets on the last Monday of every month at 7:00 at the Boone County High School Media Center at 7056 Burlington Pike in Florence, KY.

Club website can be found at Northern Kentucky Treasure Hunters

Finally...
April 26, 2006 04:39PM
It's been a while since I nailed one of these! happy

I went back to the area where I found my double buffalo's yesterday. I decided to play around with the built in programs and tried out "deep silver". Wow was that noisy! It was chattering and falsing plenty due to the trash. My plan was to go back over the area I hunted yesterday and keep going back peeling back the layers of trash in a 20 by 20 foot area. I wasn't 10 feet from the nickle hole when I got a solid dime reading. It still fluttered around trying to lock on, but kept coming up dime solid at around 4.5 to 5 inches. I was really only trying to go for the deeper signals, but I figured I could use the clad for coffee at work if that is all it was. It popped out and I could tell it had been on edge the way it was in the clump of dirt. Pulling it apart I figured it for a nice Merc when to my delight a little rub of the dirt and there's a decent looking barber dime.

I love hunting places that are hunted out. That keeps every one else away and gives me all the time in the world to find "the good stuff"!

Hey Randy, when I clean the rest of the park out we will need for you to rebury that cache again...

KM

Nice dime. Always hunt the hunted out. Something has been missed... (n/t)
May 12, 2006 04:18PM
This message does not contain any text.
Re: Finally...
May 11, 2006 06:34PM
To bring up the past, This is my favorite from up at the park. So far I've found 5 of these ladies up there.

Re: she is mighty pretty Kev, nice going ; (n/t)
May 23, 2006 09:14AM

George
Thats nice GHog03. (n/t)
May 11, 2006 10:09PM
Can't beat the silver. congrats (n/t)
May 02, 2006 06:16PM
Sure can't its still going up (n/t)
May 07, 2006 05:19PM
Re: Sure is a purty lady, congrats Kev. (n/t)
May 02, 2006 09:02AM

George
That's pretty! (n/t)
May 02, 2006 07:13AM

===========================================================
Preserving family history by digging & saving, not bulldozing or disintegrating.
===========================================================
Very nice dime GL diggin (n/t)
May 01, 2006 07:48PM
Nice coin congrats (n/t)
April 26, 2006 11:42PM
I'm already in the process of putting a cache together. (n/t)
April 26, 2006 08:49PM
Very Nice!!!! (n/t)
April 26, 2006 08:34PM
April 26, 2006 05:02PM
It's nice to that Mike hasn't dug all the " Barbers" . I'll have to go back and get a couple for myself.
Devou barber club...
April 26, 2006 07:43PM
Yea, I'm glad he saved one for me. It's a pretty excuslive club to be in. Just spend some time up there and go slow and you'll get one too.
May 18, 2006 09:31PM
I just found out I was in a club I didn't even know I was in!! 18 APR 06 I dug an '09 Barber quarter.
May 14, 2006 07:02PM
hey i want to part of this club dance

Re: Dang, another pretty lady smiling smiley (n/t)
May 23, 2006 09:15AM

George
Beautiful barber ... (n/t)
May 19, 2006 05:34PM
April 26, 2006 04:52PM
I guess this was another lunch outing?
April 26, 2006 07:57PM
Yes, another break from the insanity. Nothing beats these current hunting conditions. It is conducive to getting good finds. The weather is perfect, the soil is soft and loamy, and the targets are revealing themselves.

I can't get over how cool it is that when you dig up a coin like that which has been in the ground for nearly 100 years and it looks the same as the day it was dropped.

That is the first barber I have found since I moved here two years ago. Sure I've had some nice finds around here, but those barbers are special.

Is Randy in the Devou barber club yet? I forget if I put one in the cache he found. I guess if there was one in there then he technically is in. Still, it doesn't compare to a wild coin.

I'm on fire right now and can't get enough detecting time in. Before it gets hot I may have to take a couple for days off to get it out of my system.

On a side note, I really like the forum, and not just because of the bragging...it helps glue us all together even more than e-mail. It's easy to check for updates and to see who is online.

Going back again Thursday...

KM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013