Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
KellyCo Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal DetectorsMinelab
White's Electronics
American DiggerKellyCo Metal DetectorsDetectorProEast Texas Treasure Outfitters
Civil War RelicsJLowe’s GunsCS Sales & ServicesOld Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures

Metal Detecting rights in jeapordy

We are an active club of 60+ members mostly from central Wisconsin and run a large national hunt the last full weekend of July each year. Our meetings are held at Shooters restaurant and bar located at the intersection of I-39 and State Hiway 54 across from the Gulf station. Meeting time is the third Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. GUESTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!

Metal Detecting rights in jeapordy
January 30, 2009 01:40PM
Seen this on another site!

Metal Detecting rights in jeapordy New
Posted by: Shooter65 [ Send a Message ]
Date: 53 minutes ago Registered: 7 months ago

Seems like Wisconsin's Dept. of Natural Resources is stopping the use of metal detectors on any property controlled by them which means every piece of State Park land, State land, lake and river bottom in the State. Read for yourself what is now a fact. Our club has notified the Federation of Metal Detector and Archaeological Clubs and are striking up against the States rights to take our rights to use a metal detector away on property we pay for and the wages we also pay for that goes to these State employees. Here's the URL. I'm not sure this will work and you may have to cut and paste. PLEASE check it out.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/parks/other/metaldetect.html

Thanks
Re: Metal Detecting rights in jeapordy
March 08, 2009 09:29AM
I have been asking questions of local DNR wardens and none of them would would enforce the 'waterways' ban mentioned on the website. "As long as you are not trespassing in order to detect, I couldn't see any problems with what you are doing". I then found this link:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/cnnf/rec/heritage/metal_detectors.html

It's good to know that not all federal lands are turned against us yet.
March 08, 2009 08:43PM
Hi Jim and welcome to the forum. Thanks for the info you posted up. The club has members working with the state and some counties to attempt to keep our rights to detect intact. I thank them for their work on all of our behalf.

It's snowing hard here in central WI but the weather forecasts for the next couple of weeks show that spring should be here soon!

Hope to meet you at a club meeting soon.

ArtWI
January 30, 2009 02:34PM
Hello Dan good to here from you, as for this I dont know if our club contacted Federation or not as we dont belong to it. But we do have a committee working to see what options we have with the state and to talk to the attornies.
Our first objective has been started and if you want to get involved I can steer you to the person in charge.
On a second not we are haveing some problems with Wood county as they have a permit system now like what the state had before with time limits. They are having a open meeting on Feb 13th at wisconsin Rapids somewhere I think city hall or court house at 8 am.
Would like to have a good turn out there to voice some objection to this permit system.
But like everything else I am sure hardly any will show.
Its our hobby lets stick up for it, Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 41
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013