Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
Garrett Metal Detectors KellyCo Metal Detectors
Minelab White's Electronics
Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
North Georgia Detectors KellyCo Metal Detectors American Digger Brute Magnetics
Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures CS Sales & Services Civil War Relics

The Status of our Metal Detecting Bill

We are an active club of 60+ members mostly from central Wisconsin and run a large national hunt the last full weekend of July each year. Our meetings are held at Shooters restaurant and bar located at the intersection of I-39 and State Hiway 54 across from the Gulf station. Meeting time is the third Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. GUESTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!

The Status of our Metal Detecting Bill
January 23, 2010 09:30AM
At Wednesday's meeting, I gave the status of Metal Detecting Bill. Here are the highlights.

The Bill has been finalized and I have attached a copy to this Post. The Bill I attached is the Senate version which is the same as the Assembly Bill. I did bring multiple copies to the meeting for our members to look at.

We do not have a date set for the Senate or Assembly Committees to hold the hearings. Our best guess is mid February. Art Albright and Kent Kehus are the only Midstate Club members that have volunteered to testify. There are 6 members from other clubs that will testify.

We do want as many club members to come down to show support for the committee hearings. Once we find out when the hearing will take place, I will post the time and date. Rick Gremler will send out an email with the same informaiton.

If anyone has not contacted their Representative yet, do so now! We still need our legislators contacted so they know thier constituents want them to support this bill. I have provided information on how to contact their legislators multiple times. If you still need to know how to make contact, let me know.

The Legislative fund that has been set up by the FLMDC needs our $upport. I gave the amount of money spent so far and an estimate of how much more money will be needed. Ideally, if each of our members gave $5 per month for the next 6 months, then we should have enough funds. I put out a gift bag for contributions and put in the first $5. I will be doing this every month for the next 6 months and would like everyone to contribute.

I may have missed a few things from the meeting, but I think I covered the main points that were discussed.

If anyone has questions or comments, let me know or reply to this post.
Attachments:
open | download - SB-432.pdf (357 KB)
Re: The Status of our Metal Detecting Bill
January 23, 2010 01:41PM
Thanks for the update I will contribute when I get to a meeting, Remind me
Thanks Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 153
Record Number of Guests: 347 on May 17, 2017