Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
White's Electronics Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal Detectors Minelab
KellyCo Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal Detectors South Carolina Low Country Civil War Show and Sale Brute Magnetics American Digger
Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures Fort Bedford Metal Detectors Civil War Relics

new to the hooby

We are an active club of 60+ members mostly from central Wisconsin and run a large national hunt the last full weekend of July each year. Our meetings are held at Shooters restaurant and bar located at the intersection of I-39 and State Hiway 54 across from the Gulf station. Meeting time is the third Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. GUESTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!

new to the hooby
March 15, 2016 08:59PM
Hello,

My Name Is Jim Cameron. I live in Norwalk, WI. It's in Monroe county. I was given a metal detector as a gift by my wife a couple Summers ago. I tried it out right then in my back yard. I found stuff a arrow, a few coins and some other misc. stuff that most have been dropped by the owners of the land before us. I figured I was safe as giving myself the OK on my own land was a good first try. Then a few weeks later a friend of mine got one, did the same as I did and found stuff. Then we got together at the local park. Found lots of bottle caps people just threw on the ground so we cleaned it up a bit. Then I looked into the laws here in Wisconsin, Man my head started to swim! Anyway I put my detector aside for a while and just did a web search or local clubs in Wisconsin. There are only like 4 in the whole state so I am contacting them all Just to let them know I am here and what to give metal detecting a honest try but from what I have read of the Laws am better off getting with a club or depending on the price of membership join all four more chances to get out there and more folks to learn from and more people to go out hunting with. Any help, advise, guidance you and or your club can give me is most welcome. I look forward to hearing from you.7863.
Thanks
Jim Cameron
Norwalk, WI
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 347 on May 17, 2017