Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
MinelabWhite's Electronics
Metal Detector Sales of SWMOGarrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal DetectorsAmerican DiggerPredator ToolsEast Texas Treasure Outfitters
JDug Metal Detector RentalsCS Sales & ServicesFort Bedford Metal DetectorsOld Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures

Awesome that is one majestic bird (n/t)

Couple of Eagles from Saturday
December 16, 2009 11:54PM
I finally got a chance to make it up to Conowingo Dam this past Sat. to try the new camera out. It was a pretty good day...the lighting wasn't the best but I'll take what I can get. This was the first time I've shot any birds in flight with this camera...I'm still tinkering with the settings to find what works best....I'm looking forward to going back again soon. Here's a couple of shots I got....

Re: Couple of Eagles from Saturday
January 03, 2010 07:58PM
Very Cool! I have a buddy who goes there as well. I really need to check it out some day.
Look great to me! Thanks for sharing! (n/t)
January 03, 2010 05:09PM
This message does not contain any text.
Nice captures, Don! They're super sharp! (n/t)
December 28, 2009 07:38PM
Where is this dam? Amazing shots Don (n/t)
December 25, 2009 11:46AM
Hey Mark....here's a couple shots of the area.....
December 26, 2009 12:37AM
These are a couple of shots close to the dam.....Conowingo Dam is located about 35 miles north of Baltimore MD....you can do a google search for Conowingo Dam and get some info on the place...smiling smiley

Very cool Don. Thanks (n/t)
December 30, 2009 10:11PM
Hey Don, The Eagle catching the fish is really nice.Thanks !! (n/t)
December 19, 2009 02:09PM
Nice work, Don (n/t)
December 18, 2009 04:36PM
BEAUTIFUL DON..!!!! LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT THE SETTINGS PRETTY CLOSE..thumbs down (n/t)
December 18, 2009 12:57PM
Re: Couple of Eagles from Saturday
December 18, 2009 09:04AM
Those photographs are stunning! Absolutely beautiful!
Awesome pics (n/t)
December 17, 2009 02:59PM
Beautiful Pictures (n/t)
December 17, 2009 01:48PM
Awesome that is one majestic bird (n/t)
December 17, 2009 01:17PM

on the "VERG" of the motherload
Glen Heath
us mapUSAAbsolutely beautiful Don!!!!! USAus map (n/t)
December 17, 2009 07:34AM

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. ~Henry David Thoreau
Beautiful pictures... (n/t)
December 17, 2009 07:06AM
Don I'd take what you can get too!
December 17, 2009 01:50AM
I'd take picture #2 on a high res, oh, lets say 20x30 photo matted and framed! bow

That is a truly symbolic view of freedom right there. That image is nothing short of breathtaking Don! If something like that is possible though, you let me know, cause I would definitely go for it.

Thank you very much for sharing those with us!

Willoughby Smitty, purveyor of fine rusted iron, aluminum cans, and pull tabs since 1995!

"I visited a number of our field hospitals, and it was the most affecting sight I ever saw, to see so many of our poor fellows breathing out their noble lives. A young man to my left, as I passed through a ward in which most of the patients were regarded as mortally wounded, knowing that dissolution was near, was dictating a last message to his young wife; and another to my right was directing a comrade by his side to send some loving word to his mother; and near by another, whose countenance showed that life was fast ebbing away, looked intently on a picture of some dear one at home for a moment and then fell to weeping. Others were undergoing great mental as well as physical suffering, because they were conscious that they were going to die far away from homes and friends. But the groans and agonies of these brave men shall not have been in vain. Future generations will enjoy the blessings that their blood has helped to purchase. It would be base ingratitude on the part of those for whom they died, were they to make no effort to commemorate their glorious actions."
-Wiley Britton
-Memoirs of the Rebellion on the Border, 1863-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 56
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013