Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
Garrett Metal DetectorsWhite's Electronics
MinelabMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
KellyCo Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal DetectorsAmerican DiggerPredator Tools
CS Sales & ServicesFort Bedford Metal DetectorsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesJDug Metal Detector Rentals

Re: Neet looking old mansion!

Mansion Hunt...
September 12, 2005 07:17AM
Well it happened that Neal and I both had permission to hunt a mansion on the same weekend. Thus the Mansion hunt began... I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that they were pretty sparse of coins. Still had a great day even though I only dug one IH and some clad plus a couple buttons and a small sterling ring. Neal did better. Here are the finds and the Mansions (nice places, huh).
Best of luck to all and HH - Robin

about getting permission ? Did you just walk up to the door and knock ? I agree with Kerry...it looks like two great places to go back to many times...hope you can !!...Happy
Trails...Bob & Sue
Permission...
September 17, 2005 10:39AM
Hi Bob & Sue,
Yep, just knock and ask. The first place the very nice owner said he had 7 or 8 guys over the years that had detected so he didn't mind one or two more. You just never know until you ask. Most folks are happy you asked even if you do not get permission. Neal gained permission at the second mansion. It took a bit more effort since the house is owned by a retirement complex. After numerous attempts to find someone to ask he finally got to the guy who said ok.
As far as mansoions go, they are like old school houses - a magnent for detectorists. I have had much better luck at average old farm house yards.
I kind of doubt we will go back since the finds were pretty slim - fun hunt though.
HH - Robin
Good pics Robin!
September 12, 2005 10:37PM
Totally devoid of any period targets. I'm pretty sure new fill had been brought in...... you're lucky.
My mansion had a "widow's walk" on the tower. Cool old place. Great finds Robin. Just how much better did Neal do?
Neet looking old mansion!
September 12, 2005 01:32PM
Were you able to cover the whole area are do you have to go back. Lot of ground to cover. Nice flower button.
Congrats Kerry
Hi Kerry,
We covered most of the areas at both mansions. I had hunted the front of the first one a week before and found five Indian Heads. The yard was picked over pretty good. The second one was the same way, although Neal and I both dug a deep IH within the first fifteen minutes - thought we were going to clean up. Ended up not too many coins.
HH - Robin
Re: Neet looking old mansion!
September 17, 2005 10:33AM
At least you picked up what they left. Whenever I now go to a place that has been detected I know there are still a few goodies left in the ground and they are usually pretty good ones.
Kerry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013