Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
KellyCo Metal DetectorsMinelab
Garrett Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
White's Electronics
Predator ToolsKellyCo Metal DetectorsDetectorPro
Old Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesFort Bedford Metal DetectorsCivil War RelicsJDug Metal Detector Rentals

If they use a BULLDOZER they will be slower than the ARCHEOLOGISTS because a BULLDOZER is used for grading and a BACKHOE is used for DIGGING (n/t)

Pro Wrestlers, Bulldozers, and Treasure Hunting TV
February 02, 2012 09:36AM

A "reality" treasure hunting TV show is due to air in the spring, and it looks like a doozy.

A pro wrestler, his "enforcer" son, and his wife from Joisey (that's how some people say New Jersey) comprise the team that will "convince" homeowners to let them dig up their property - with a bulldozer.

As Dave Berry says, I am NOT making this up.

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

---Dan Hughes, http://treasuremanual.com
So it begins...
February 25, 2012 12:26PM
Re: Pro Wrestlers, Bulldozers, and Treasure Hunting TV
February 15, 2012 07:36AM
I guess you've got to use words like "pro wrestlers", "bulldozers", and "muscle" to get viewers interested. We'll just have to wait and see how the show goes. Can't imagine Bob being associated with anything that would discredit the hobby.
This message does not contain any text.
research then maybe there is a reson for needing to dig the property. I don't think they are going to use a bulldozer to look for a ring!
post deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 11:06PM by Down in the Dumps.
February 02, 2012 04:53PM
i think the terms homeowners and bulldozers are what is raising your cause for alarm.as your picture shows a bulldozer in a populated,urban area,which i'm sure that will not be the case. i'm sure the show will take place on large tracts of land ,(privately owned )much the same as the popular "diggin in virginia " events. i've watched the popular "meteorite men" show and have seen them use a backhoe on someones property and there was no big deal made about that. plus all they talk about on that show and in fact,most of the reality shows of that type, is how much the stuff they find can be sold for.
.i'll wait until i actually see one of the shows before i pass judgement on it,
February 02, 2012 05:40PM
reale bill
i think the terms homeowners and bulldozers are what is raising your cause for alarm.as your picture shows a bulldozer in a populated,urban area,which i'm sure that will not be the case....

Ya got me, Bill. I used the most outrageous bulldozer photo I could find. Wanted people to listen to my show!

But do you think that using a bulldozer for relics compares to using a bulldozer for meteorites? I'd think the chance of damaging something historic would be too high. Look at how archeologists dig slowly and carefully, scraping a millimeter of surface at a time.

Archeologists hate treasure hunters already - how will they react to a bulldozer being used on battlegrounds and historical sites? Sure can't do our hobby any good.
February 16, 2012 08:19PM
I quote Dan first: "I used the most outrageous bulldozer photo I could find. Wanted people to listen to my show!" Dan, did it occur to you that's exactly what Spike TV is doing? Making it sound outrageous so people will watch? No one has seen the show. The smart money on anything is to withhold judgement until one knows exactly what is going on and what the show really is.

As to the archaeologists, they will hate us all regardless. I've seen clubs and individuals bend over backward to help them, then the same ones who were helped hide in the shadows when our hobby is attacked, afraid of offending their colleagues.

As to any connection to American Digger Magazine, our magazine always has and always will only cover the historical aspect of our hobby. You'll never see American Digger Magazine have anything to do with $$ values. The show is Hollywood entertainment (although the ones staring on it are, in my opinion, top notch relic hunters off camera who deserve respect), the magazine is the real deal. However, I do respect the right of anyone to keep-or sell-their relics. Otherwise, non digging collectors would not have an opportunity to collect, coin hunters who care nothing about relics would throw them into boxes in closets, most relic shows would cease to exist, and so would relic dealers.

Now the flip side: Museums sell donated relics to pay building upkeep; archaeologists refuse to dig unless paid, after which the relics are sent to dusty university basements for studies that may never be completed (and they also use heavy equipment when the need arises); and sit by ideally awaiting government grants while amateur relic hunters struggle daily to save a few pieces of history from further corrosion or development.

I'm not defending or condemning the show. No one should pass any judgement until it actually airs. Meanwhile, American Digger Magazine will remain separate, doing what we are best at: producing a quality magazine about recovering the past for history's sake.

We have absolutely no affiliation with or say so with the producers or Spike TV, nor the show. We are separate. That all being said, I'm refusing to become drawn further into a conversation concerning something we are not even a part of.
February 02, 2012 08:33PM
quote:Archeologists hate treasure hunters already - how will they react to a bulldozer being used on battlegrounds and historical sites? quote

we'll just have to see what they are allowed to do on the sites that they get permission for. i don't know about getting on historical sites,but there are plenty of battlegrounds on private lands that have been detected and detected heavily , BUT, most of those have only been surface hunted. so who knows what will happen..... if they get permission to "bulldoze" on those areas. gonna be interesting to see what they are able to do and how they do it ! my opinion is that the promos are all hype
to stir up interest in the show. btw, I hate archeologists, they always have the best artifact collections !
Everyone will think that is how we all dig relics (n/t)
February 02, 2012 02:56PM
post deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 11:02PM by Down in the Dumps.
I too agree that the show will do nothing for our hobby, but you made a REAL BIG boo boo in your statement. You might want to reserve your comments till you know the whole story. I DO know the whole story, and your wayyyyyy off base.................

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Thanks Streak. I posted above explaning everything, I believe. See you at DIV!
Post deleted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 11:03PM by Down in the Dumps.
since your full name and email is hidden I'm going to assume you have an agenda
February 06, 2012 02:33PM
And that being the case, I'm not going to waste another key stroke on you other than this:
You ARE wrong, and I dont particularly care to see friends/fellow diggers slandered out of ignorance.
Get the FACTS before you judge. There IS blame to be placed but not where you placed it.
I dont have "ominscient" qualities, but I make sure I know my facts before shooting my mouth off. You might try it sometime.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
post deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 11:04PM by Down in the Dumps.
STILL wrong....... not even close. "clueless" comes to mind...
February 06, 2012 06:20PM
you assign blame where it does not belong, and assume way too much. Your blaming a magazine. YOUR blaming the wrong entity. Its NOT an American Digger magazine show, nor was it the brain child of said magazine, and they are not "in it for the money" as you stated, despite your apparent beliefs to the contrary. Some things are not quite what they appear, and if you really knew what your were talking about, you'd see the folly/error of your ways. I'm not a fan of the show either....but thats not the point here.
You'd obviously rather make smart a$$ remarks than respond to the truth though. Butch Holcombe is a good friend of mine, and I'll not see him disparaged unfairly thru your ignorance and misinformation. Thats about all you'll get out of me on that subject, so consider the case closed. You can make all the ignorant "witty" retorts you like, but it wont change facts. All you'll do is make an a$$ of yourself. Reply if you like, but your officially on the "ignore" list.

post deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 11:05PM by Down in the Dumps.
I to know the facts and well said Streak (n/t)
February 06, 2012 03:21PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013