Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
Metal Detector Sales of SWMOMinelab
KellyCo Metal DetectorsWhite's Electronics
Garrett Metal Detectors
Predator ToolsAmerican DiggerDetectorProEast Texas Treasure Outfitters
JLowe’s GunsJDug Metal Detector RentalsCivil War RelicsOld Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures

canada flagyo G welcome to the forum! (n/t)

Newby in Wi.
March 08, 2012 01:31PM
Hello all. I have recently discovered an interest in detecting. The only experience I have is the detecter we used to find arrows in the grass when we missed the target. I need information on which detectors are reasonably simple to use and understand but won't cost a second mortgage. Please, no bickering about your personal preference. I respect your choice, Just help me make an intelligent one, Thank you!
Re: Newby in Wi.
March 13, 2012 09:12AM
Teknetics Omega or if you want to spend and get some more performance and flexibility, then the F75 LTD and yes, I've owned and used the MXT but I'd recommend either of the ones I mentioned over it.
Tbe F75 trumped the MXT every time, in pretty much every measure of a machine. I have NOT however used the MXT in good old Va though (although linda has a few times) in hot dirt, so cant comment on its effectiveness against the F75 in that dirt. All I can say is that HERE, ( sweet old Northern Pa dirt) I much prefer the Fisher. Streak!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Fisher F75 Ltd is a great machine.P.S. Welcome! (n/t)
March 12, 2012 08:48PM
This message does not contain any text.
F75 LTD
March 12, 2012 08:29PM
DEEP, lightning recovery speed, EXCELLENT target separation, super light, and lasts 40 hours on 4 AA batteries. Very easy to use too.
I've detected 40 years, and used virtually everything on the planet, and you couldnt pry my F75 out of my cold dead hands. Streak!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
canada flagyo G welcome to the forum! (n/t)
March 10, 2012 01:56PM
Welcome aboard! metal detecting smiley (n/t)
March 08, 2012 05:56PM
Re: Newby in Wi.
March 08, 2012 04:47PM
thank you also Jim and Dennis, so far it seems to go towards white's mxt

James A. Farley
Love my Cibola.....3 hours of hunting.

Welcome to the Spot. Whites MXT
March 08, 2012 02:00PM
Easy to use and deep enough.

"Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for." Robert E. Lee
Re: Welcome to the Spot. Whites MXT
March 08, 2012 02:09PM
Thanks Shark Hunter for the first response. How deep is deep enough? I really don't know.
Where will you be detecting and what are you looking to find
March 08, 2012 04:27PM
CW bullets 8 to 10 inches.....

"Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious, we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for." Robert E. Lee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 58
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 266 on October 22, 2014