Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
KellyCo Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
White's ElectronicsMinelab
Garrett Metal Detectors
DetectorProKellyCo Metal DetectorsEast Texas Treasure OutfittersAmerican Digger
JDug Metal Detector RentalsCS Sales & ServicesJLowe’s GunsOld Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures

Minelab Xterra 70 HELP

Minelab Xterra 70 HELP
March 28, 2012 08:20PM
It has been quite some time since I have been back on this site. With work and family things have been hectic. I have been lucky enough to participate in a DIV event and found my first bullet. Very Exciting to say the least. My reason for posting is to see if anyone lives in my area that would be willing to help me with my detector. I just need some pointers on settings and a quick lesson. I have found several great finds however I do not feel I am getting the most out of my machine. I have read several forums and viewed the DVD that came with my Xterra 70. It seems as though their are several different ways to set it up. I am even willing to pay someone for there time. I just want to know that when I am out hunting I am getting the most out of my machine. I have different coils and never seem to know the exact ones to use. Anyway, I live in Bristow the Gainesville VA area and would appreciate any help in the next few weeks. I appreciate anyone that is reading this and look forward to getting back out hunting.

*** Even if someone can email me there settings that they think would work would be of great help. ***

Cheers,
Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 04:59PM by kcarter4x4.
have one and like Matt, aka GTdigger, hunt in all metal. You don't need to run high sensitivity, just run it where it quiets down. I like all metal because
when you hit a good target, you just know it. I do not live in Va. but I'm an Ohio guy. But, I have used my X-terra 70 in Virginia soil. Unlike Culpeper soil,
most of Virginia is not as HOT as Culpeper soil.

Send Matt a PM. He will be more than glad to help you out. I sent Matt your email address, I'm sure he will get ahold of you. Hey maybe the both of you
could go detecting sometime. Matt's pretty good, he found 4 plates in the last month.

Denny Morrison
Ringfinder
Denny,
I appreciate the help. Thanks so much for responding.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013