Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
KellyCo Metal Detectors Minelab
White's Electronics Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal Detectors Brute Magnetics North Georgia Detectors American Digger
Fort Bedford Metal Detectors Civil War Relics Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures CS Sales & Services

Need some help identifying this piece

Need some help identifying this piece
June 10, 2012 08:14AM
Hello All and thanks for adding me. I have been relic hunting Central Virginia for over thirty years now and every now and then I run across something that perplexes me to no end. I dug this little plate on a known battlefield (private property) and can't get an i.d. on it. The nickel beside it shows how small it is. It has a lead-filled back with the loop set into the lead. It was bent back on it's self when I dug it so I quickly straightened it out as flat as I could before it dried up on me. Can you fellas help? Anyone seen one this small before and what the heck was it used for? For some reason I suspect binocular case but I can't prove that. Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 08:38AM by razorboy.
I cant ID it but
June 10, 2012 12:02PM
It looks like there is a persons profile facing left on it or is it just me.....

"I do my duty until the moment when battle begins: I then leave the matter to God." - General Robert E. Lee
This message does not contain any text.
Thanks, I new that I could count on the professionals.
Did I miss something? (n/t)
June 13, 2012 09:18PM

"I do my duty until the moment when battle begins: I then leave the matter to God." - General Robert E. Lee

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 347 on May 17, 2017