Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
White's ElectronicsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
MinelabGarrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal Detectors
DetectorProKellyCo Metal DetectorsPredator Tools
Civil War RelicsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesCS Sales & ServicesJDug Metal Detector Rentals

White's is by far the best detector i've ever used , I swing an MXT but my real love is the 5900 pro sl it put's my M XT to shame. (n/t)

HOW MANY WHITES OPERATORS ON HERE?
January 27, 2008 06:15PM
I just wanted to know how many of yall on here operate whites detectors. I am buying an
MATRIX M6 in FEBRUARY and wanted to get some feed back.
Re: HOW MANY WHITES OPERATORS ON HERE?
October 21, 2013 09:49PM
11 years with the XLT, getting another for a back up this month

go out and dig something
June 18, 2013 04:10AM
I used a White's 6000 di/Pro SL for years, but upgraded to a DFX a year or so ago. Love the machine as I did the 6000. I also just purchased a Garrett AT Pro for use on the beaches in the summer. We'll see how they compare on dry land. Garrett did a great thing by water-proofing the AT Pro and AT Gold. I wish White's made a decent priced machine that you didn't have to worry about getting rained on or splashed. It's just not worth spending the money on their underwater machines when you don't plan on taking it scuba diving and just want to go into waist deep water.

Taking them both out tomorrow to an 1865 farm/farm house I just got permission to hunt!
June 07, 2013 12:09AM
I have a V3i and I truly love the hell out of it. Yes, there is a lot to learn because it is a very sophisticated machine but I know I will never outgrow it.

Robert
May 26, 2013 07:22AM
new to md.. but have the mxt and like it a lot
April 15, 2013 06:09PM
have A XLT Spectrum from about 1993 and have not used it for years so am just getting back into it. Going to a park tomorrow with a new MD friend and hope to find stuff. It has many controls and seems to me to be a very good unit. Maybe too complicated but has many pre programmed programs so use them. Will learn to make tweaks but for now will just use their programs!!
February 02, 2013 03:20PM
I have a white mxt. I realy like it but Iam new to metal detecting.
July 03, 2012 01:51AM
I have a spectra v3i and I love it. It is a beast once you figure out how to use it.
May 12, 2012 06:22AM
i have whites beach hunter id my previous was a minelab 505 exterra this one blows the mine lab away
Just learning the DFX and the wifes beach hunter (n/t)
August 03, 2011 01:30PM
This message does not contain any text.
i just got me a mxt pro and i love it and this is my first one . i looking for my first $1,000,000.00... i hope i find it LOL metal detecting smiley
July 18, 2011 10:01PM
Using whites v3i here! Learning new things everyday!
June 17, 2011 11:03PM
I just inherited my Dad's Eagle Spectrum. It's an older machine, but I hope it will get the job done for now.
June 17, 2011 08:45PM
XLT here. Had for a year and learning. lots of room to adjust.
May 28, 2011 08:36AM
Nevada Coyote 49 here,
I use a White's Gold Master V/Sat, got it used in a pawn shop. I've found lots of nails, and coins with it. It does take a lot of learning but I like it anyway. Also have a Fisher Gold Bug, got it in the same pawn shop. It works good too.
February 28, 2011 08:32AM
I bought my first machine White's 5000-D in 1979 and used it until 2008. I still have it and it works great. You really had to learn the tones with that machine. I bought my DFX in May 2009 and thought to myself ... why didn't I buy this machine sooner. I have found tons of relics and coins with it. I now am wanting to get the MXT PRO for the DIV this March. White's are great machines.

Proud member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans for all of my Virginia ancestors who served, fought, became POW's and died for a cause they believed in. You are my heroes.
February 27, 2011 12:34AM
I use an XLT and it is wonderful. I have made a lot of good finds with it once I got used to it. It is so different than the really old Garretts Master Hunter i used to use. I have gone about nine inches on a dime on edge and eleven inches on an 1898 half dollar. -bill-
April 07, 2009 05:46PM
I STARTED 1975 WHITES ALL THE WAY I HAVE A OLD 6000D & XLT SPECTRUM BOUGHT IT FIRST WEEK THEY WERE OUT . I GOT ALOT OF STUFF WITH THEM & I WILL NOT CHANGE, I AM SURE YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH A WHITES. I AM REALLY LOOKING AT THE VISION AS ALWAYS GOOD LUCK.beer *** just bought the new v3 will be here tuesday cant wait SAM

"A RELIC SAVED IS A RELIC EARNED"---AS ALWAYS GOOD LUCK SAM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 07:03PM by BIG SAM.
Ihave 3 ,BLUE&GRAY, 6000 PRO XL & TDI (n/t)
March 29, 2009 08:33PM
MXT All the Way!! and Headhunter Wader 8 inch coil for the beach (n/t)
February 25, 2009 01:44PM

If The Phone Doesn't Ring Its Me!!
I'm at Home changing a Diaper!!
WISHING I was SOMEWHERE Digging some RELICS!!
EROK
February 10, 2009 05:56PM
I had a DFX and sold it. That was dumb. Bought another brand that I never jelled with. I just sold it and now I'm waiting on my new MXT 300 to arrive!
I use the DFX.... Can be frustrating at first btu love it now. (n/t)
January 07, 2009 10:17AM
January 06, 2009 09:46PM
DFX primary with Infinium for hunted out fields and DIVs. I'd like to get an MXT backup though.
MXT and DFX (n/t)
December 19, 2008 04:40PM
I Have 2 DFX and love them! (n/t)
December 16, 2008 08:12PM
MXT! Whites machines are well built and...
December 14, 2008 06:59PM
dependable. Mostly, they are no nonsense units designed to tell you what you need to know. I wouldn't trust anything else. More than that, you have to be one with your machine no matter what you use. Get to know it like its your best friend and it will be when you start digging those CW buckles!

===============================================
GOOD LUCK DIGGIN' !!

My Great Great Grandpa: Nicholas Kern
Co. K 60th Virginia Infantry
31st Battalion Virginia Reserves
October 29, 2008 09:56PM
My first whites was the 4900, I found many relics with this machine. I then went to the Eagle spectrum and found lots more relics. I am currently swinging the DFX and I love it. If I could purchase another machine, it would be the MXT. I hear it does well at DIV. Really the method of hunting and knowing your machine and what it is telling you is just as important if not more important than which machine you choose. I personally like the way the Whites are built. They are well balanced rugged machines.
November 07, 2008 04:52PM
My first detector was a Fisher 1266 X. I have just purchased a Whites MTX. A friend of mine has bought a MTX and I was really impressed by it.
Re: surfmaster Pi for the bh.............
October 27, 2008 05:58PM
and i switched from the XLT to the T2 lot better md. I have got 24 yrs swinging a detector

fieldboy se va thumbs down
BLue and Gray all the way! (n/t)
October 27, 2008 02:00PM
May 14, 2008 07:05PM
Got to go with the XLTlots of options for different kinds of diggin.I like the exercise ok ,but with my bad knees the readout sure saves me lots knee bending,however the only true discriminator is a probe/shovel...
June 13, 2009 08:53PM
I have an old Eagle II SL and an Eagle Spectrum. If I hit the lottery I plan on buying a Spectra V³.
I got an old classic 3 sl but it hates hot rocks! (n/t)
April 17, 2008 09:43PM
April 03, 2008 11:57PM
Had 2 different generation XLT's and have now upgraded to the DFX as of last season. Still trying to learn the curve and having frustrating fun doing it. Great machine!
February 28, 2008 07:56PM
I have had a whites detector of kind for about forty years, The latest was a DFX, which I just traded for a Fisher F-75. I still have a first generation eagle spectrum that has been really good for relic, and coins.
MXT here..I agree with Packrat (n/t)
February 18, 2008 09:09AM
I have two XLT's but i just bought the MXT and i relly like it!clap (n/t)
February 17, 2008 06:06PM
If it's made by Whites you can't go wrong...
February 03, 2008 09:49PM
I prsonally love the MXT and think the MXT, XLT, DFX are the very best

Later Will
I just upgraded to an MXT from several people's suggestions
January 29, 2008 07:07PM
So far it's VERY user friendly and easy to operate.
January 28, 2008 12:48AM
I use an MXT and have had good luck with it. Haven't got to use a M6 yet.
April 25, 2013 02:52PM
I've got an XLT and love it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013