Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
White's ElectronicsKellyCo Metal Detectors
MinelabMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal Detectors
East Texas Treasure OutfittersPredator ToolsDetectorProAmerican Digger
JLowe’s GunsFort Bedford Metal DetectorsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesCS Sales & Services

Anybody in Virginia looking for a deer hunting club to join??

Anybody in Virginia looking for a deer hunting club to join??
July 11, 2008 12:27AM
I belong to a great hunt club in Prince Edward County Virginia looking for new members. We have 2300 acres of private land containing a mixture of mature hardwoods, young thick pine cut overs, tall pines, wide open pasture land and new cut overs great for long distance rifle shots. We do hunt with dogs, but also, have plenty of land for still hunting. Plenty of deer, HUGE easy to call in gobblers, coyotes, bear, and lots and lots of small game like quail, woodcock, rabbits, dove, squirrels,etc. Also, we have some good spots to relic hunt, I know of at least 4 period/pre- Civil War home sites that have barely been touched, all with un-dug privies and trash pits that I need help digging. The hunt club is located about 4 miles north of Meherrin,Va. and 9 miles south of Farmville, Va. An added plus, we are within 15 minutes of local fishing hot spots, Briery Creek WMA and Sandy River Reservoir. We have all the comfort necessities, A.C, heat, shower, toilet, T.V, about 35 bunks, etc. We are a hunt club with a spotless reputation with the local community, and in good withstanding with the local game warden. We have been a club on this particular piece of property since 1980, I myself have been hunting there since 1985. We are looking for dedicated members who respect the ethics of hunting and don't mind having a good time doing so. Hunt club dues are $400 a year plus a $100 dollar Raffle($500 a year). With the raffle every member has about a 1 in 25 chance of winning $500 dollars. If you own at least 5 or more running dogs, your membership is 100% free because of the cost of owning and maintaining dogs. Your $400 dollars goes towards food, maintenance, lease fees, and electricity bills. If you are in the military or if you are a full time student you get a discount. If you are a member and your child is still in school(which includes college students) or if they are in the military, their membership is 100% free. We do allow guests to hunt 3 times per year at $20 a day(which I will be more than happy to pay for you), so if you are interested in joining or just want somewhere different to hunt, send me a PM or email me at Qityrbchn@AOL.com. Lee

===============================================
GOOD LUCK DIGGIN' !!

My Great Great Grandpa: Nicholas Kern
Co. K 60th Virginia Infantry
31st Battalion Virginia Reserves

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2008 12:41AM by Dig Dug (Va.).
Nice looking place...
August 08, 2008 08:46AM
You guys run dogs alot down there?? Any QDM?
Re: Nice looking place...
August 08, 2008 07:14PM
Yes we do, I prefer to still hunt though. Though I don't own hunting dogs, I run the dogs for the hunt club, I'm rarely a stander during drives. Presently we don't participate in QDM. I have been trying to talk the club into participating in Va's DMAP program ( Deer Management Assistance Program) but we have not done so yet. Hunting in a club that runs dogs, it is frustrating to the dog owners to get over the fact that we would have to let most deer run by, with their dogs behind them, without harvesting them. It is a lot easier to participte in any QDM program in a strictly still hunting club. During the bow and muzzleloader seasons most of the members, myself included, who hunt during those seasons are very particular of what they harvest, basically letting the small does and bucks go and harvesting only mature deer.

GOOD LUCK DIGGIN' !!

Re: Nice looking place...
August 20, 2008 01:30PM
I agree Dig Dug! I almost strictly Bow and smokepole hunt so I try to stay away from the dogs, but hard to find places in Southern VA that there arent some around. Ive found more Dog Tags in Halifax county than anything else, some dating back to 1909! I didnt even know you registered them back then. Well, thanks for the info and I wish you the best of luck this season and many to come!
Thanks alex, good luck to you too this season!! (n/t)
August 20, 2008 05:24PM
This message does not contain any text.

GOOD LUCK DIGGIN' !!

Here are some pics of the hunt club for you Mike.
July 30, 2008 07:01PM
This is the only pic that I have of the club house.

This is the most recent cutover on the property. It was cut the summer before last. They just planted pines in it this year so it looks a little different than what you see in the pic. The pic only shows a piece of it, the cutover is about 65 acres.

This is a good example of the hardwoods on the property, rolling hills and deep creek bottoms with oak, beech, and hickory trees. This area is one of my favorite places to hunt.

This is part of one of the pastures on the property. This is a real hot spot for coyote hunting.

Here are a few members coming back from a morning hunt, the man on the driver's side is the president of the hunt club.

Give me a call Mike, and we can set up a weekend to go to the club so you can get a good look at the property, I know you'll like it.
let me do some talkin (n/t)
July 17, 2008 08:17PM
Alright, I appreciate that. (n/t)
July 17, 2008 09:07PM

GOOD LUCK DIGGIN' !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2008 04:16PM by Dig Dug (Va.).
Sounds like a neat club and hunting area. (n/t)
July 16, 2008 12:03PM
I'm gonna help you dig out them privies ;) (n/t)
July 14, 2008 05:45PM
Well, watcha waitin' for?? Let's go!!! (n/t)
July 15, 2008 05:44PM

GOOD LUCK DIGGIN' !!

10-4 (n/t)
July 11, 2008 09:56PM

GOOD LUCK DIGGIN' !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 46
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 404 on November 29, 2014