Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
MinelabMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal DetectorsKellyCo Metal Detectors
White's Electronics
Predator ToolsEast Texas Treasure OutfittersKellyCo Metal Detectors
Fort Bedford Metal DetectorsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesJLowe’s GunsJDug Metal Detector Rentals

MTMDC

METAL DETECTORISTS NEEDED IN TN! URGENT!!!!
February 05, 2012 02:45PM
To all our TN friends,
I just got off the phone with Southeast Canine Search and Rescue from McEwen TN. They are working a hi-profile investigation in Middle/West TN, and as a result need as many metal detectorists as possible to perform a grid search on 3-4 acres of ground. You would be looking for missing objects, including car keys, and other items disclosed upon your arrival.
Their goal is to get 100 metal detectors on the ground at the site as soon as possible.
Anyone who can help should call the Southeast Canine SAR Office at (931)582-7600, (931)209-8863. You can also call me if you are unable to get in touch with the Search and Rescue Organization.
Your help in this search would be extremely important to this case, and could make a big difference in its outcome.
Thanks for considering this.
If you have any questions for me personally, you can call me at (434)390-7880. I'm at work today, so if I don't answer leave me a message.

Here's a link to the SAR organization's website:
http://www.southeastk9sar.org/Home_Page.php
Re: METAL DETECTORISTS NEEDED IN TN! URGENT!!!!
March 21, 2012 11:43PM
Wow--I didn't know relic hunters could help out with something like this...If I can help with something like this in the future, I'd be interested. I am looking into swapping my F70 towards an AT pro because I want to hunt streams as well as land.

Christine

Mountain girl of Madison Va
Re: METAL DETECTORISTS NEEDED IN TN! URGENT!!!!
February 11, 2012 09:07AM
I called SAR and they said things this particular investigation has been put "on hold" due to some jurisdictional issues. He did say they may need help in an upcoming investigations and that they would let MTMDC know.

Thanks
MTMDC
February 06, 2012 04:45PM
Just spoke with Chris of SAR going to try and take a group of club members to hopefully assist in recovery of the items. As detectorest we should lend a hand when our skills could make a difference.Thanks for the info. Tony Guin President MTMDC
Re: MTMDC
February 08, 2012 07:48PM
I am next door to McEwen but my detector is in the shop, If anyone has an extra unit Ican swing I'd be glad to help; I have the head set and rest of the gear let me know Rusty 931-209-0414

T Guin
Just spoke with Chris of SAR going to try and take a group of club members to hopefully assist in recovery of the items. As detectorest we should lend a hand when our skills could make a difference.Thanks for the info. Tony Guin President MTMDC

Waverly, TN.
Thanks for the heads up, Tony. Looks like it's about 1 hour from my house (n/t)
February 05, 2012 10:56PM
This message does not contain any text.
Doug, if you get in touch with this guy...
February 06, 2012 12:36AM
...he can give you alot more details than I can. He said he didn't want too many people to know about it since it was a very hi-profile case. Hope it works out. Some of the pieces they're looking for will be pretty small.
Tony
Wish I was closer (n/t)
February 05, 2012 08:03PM
This message does not contain any text.

Description of Robert E. Lee
He looked as though he ought to have been, and was, the monarch of the world
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013