Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
KellyCo Metal DetectorsWhite's Electronics
Garrett Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Minelab
East Texas Treasure OutfittersDetectorProKellyCo Metal DetectorsPredator Tools
JLowe’s GunsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesJDug Metal Detector RentalsCS Sales & Services

Civil War Relics in East Texas

The East Texas Treasure Hunters Association was founded in 1982 for persons interested in recreational treasure hunting, amateur archaeology and recovery and preservation of local historical artifacts as well as recovering lost or concealed items to local government agencies, historical societies and archaeologist. An active members oriented club focususing on member education and furthering our hobby as well as just plain fun.

Meeting at the Longview American Legion Hut on American Legion Road the second Monday of each month at 7 pm.

Civil War Relics in East Texas
January 05, 2011 01:16PM
Has anyone found or know anyone who has found civil war relics in the East Texas area? I have recently found several bullets and other items I have identified as being from the Civil War era and was wondering if anyone else had found anything like this in this area. I'm brand new to the metal detector world, but I am already hooked! Thank you in advance for any help or information.
Re: Civil War Relics in East Texas
July 22, 2011 03:08PM
The only 2 battles I know of are the Battle of Palmito Ranch (last battle of the Civil War) and the Battle of Sabine Pass.
December 12, 2011 03:07PM
I heard that there was a small shop in Jefferson, Texas where the owner was a real Civil Way historian and had a lot of relics. If this is true, who is it?
March 20, 2012 12:15AM
that would be the mason dixson run by tom moss and a guy named jimmy, both very well versed in civil war history, they have a small museum and will hemappily give you a tour. open usually on friday and saturday. tell them skipper and git'er said hi.
There is a Detector shop in North Richland Hills with a tone of stuff too. (n/t)
December 26, 2011 08:48AM
This message does not contain any text.
June 09, 2011 02:15PM
I have a US Army buckle found on my place that dates back to the Civil war and is of the earlier type worn......................the travel route at that time came through my place to get to Cheaney croosing, which was the crossing most used at that time in Texas........
January 05, 2011 02:33PM
There were camps and movement in east Texas during civil war. I don`t know of any fighting between north and south in east Texas but there are a lot of relics about. Good luck hunting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 67
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 266 on October 22, 2014