Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
Metal Detector Sales of SWMOGarrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal DetectorsMinelab
White's Electronics
American DiggerPredator ToolsKellyCo Metal Detectors
Fort Bedford Metal DetectorsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesCS Sales & ServicesCivil War Relics

Re: Relic hunting and a few recoveries....and some thoughts of those long gone soldiers who faught at Lexington, Mo. Sept 18,19,20. 1861

Welcome to the Premiere Springfield Southwest Missouri Metal Detecting Club. We want to provide members with a metal detecting club where one can exchange ideas, share individual finds, learn new concepts and ideas, meet new people and help introduce the hobby of metal detecting to new people young and old. Our overall purpose will be to stimulate interest in Metal Detecting, Relic Hunting and the Appreciation for the Art of Preserving our Natural History.

Meeting location: Springfield Greene County Library, 4653 South Campbell Ave. Springfield, Mo. 65810
Meeting time: the first Tuesday of the month at 7 pm.

PREAMBLE:
We the members of the 417 Relic Hunters, assemble ourselves for the following purpose: To learn, discover and to educate our members in a way to recover antiquities of the past by conducting ourselves in a manner that is courteous and polite with respect for others and to establish good fellowship with all other fellow hunters.

Last weekend I had a chance to do some digging and met my trusted hunting buddy John for some relic hunting. The ground was pretty dry and hard digging but we made some nice finds. Between my new business Metal Detector Sales of SWMO and doing some civil war reenacting I have been busy! I am really looking forward to doing some relic hunting this fall! The other picture is my guys in the Missouri 10th Inf. CSA. That picture is from the battle of Wilson's Creek last month. I am on the far left, we are headed up to Lafayette County soon for the battle of the hemp bales as it was called. I have my old 1853 Enfield ready and plenty of cartridges rolled up! The one picture shows the Lafayette County Courthouse in Lexington, Missouri. It was built in 1847 and is the oldest courthouse in continuous use west of the Mississippi River. It is known far and wide for the cannonball embedded in the upper left column, a remnant of the Civil War Battle of Lexington, fought on September 18, 19 and 20, 1861. It's gonna be a meen fawt fite! It was a tough fight as described by a Confederate Soldier. Asbury Bradford describes in a letter of the fighting that lasted 60 hours, enduring shot and shell!

http://www.treasurechief.com/

417 RELIC HUNTERS CLUB
SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI

Nice finds Tim. Great variety as usual. Glad to see you finally got outclap (n/t)
September 18, 2011 09:14AM
This message does not contain any text.

Bob Kononiuk
My YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MinelabBobinMO
417 Relic Hunters
Springfield Missouri Metal Detecting Club
Southwest Missouri Metal Detecting Club

Nice finds! Hope you stay dry fightin the fight! The soldiers must have been very determined, but also very miserable while fighting for 60 hours straight. That journal page is really cool!

Tony Greeson
417 Relic Hunters Club
Springfield Missouri Metal Detecting Club
Metal Detector Club of Southwest Missouri

hey Tim,
AWESOME!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013