Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
MinelabKellyCo Metal Detectors
White's ElectronicsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal Detectors
East Texas Treasure OutfittersKellyCo Metal DetectorsDetectorPro
Old Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesCS Sales & ServicesCivil War RelicsJDug Metal Detector Rentals

Pics of the '14 D (n/t)

Welcome to the Premiere Springfield Southwest Missouri Metal Detecting Club. We want to provide members with a metal detecting club where one can exchange ideas, share individual finds, learn new concepts and ideas, meet new people and help introduce the hobby of metal detecting to new people young and old. Our overall purpose will be to stimulate interest in Metal Detecting, Relic Hunting and the Appreciation for the Art of Preserving our Natural History.

Meeting location: Springfield Greene County Library, 4653 South Campbell Ave. Springfield, Mo. 65810
Meeting time: the first Tuesday of the month at 7 pm.

PREAMBLE:
We the members of the 417 Relic Hunters, assemble ourselves for the following purpose: To learn, discover and to educate our members in a way to recover antiquities of the past by conducting ourselves in a manner that is courteous and polite with respect for others and to establish good fellowship with all other fellow hunters.

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!! zap
April 24, 2012 11:51PM
Had the day off, so I took my boy to the park. Brought the explorer just in case he would piddle around with me for a few minutes. We tooled around a bit, he had fun using the pinpointer to "help". He mostly picked up bugs and worms, and returned them to their "homes" on the trees. He decided that it was time to hit the slides, so I went with, and just as I got to the edge of the playground equipment, I got my first good coin signal, only 15-20 minutes worth of hunting total. Cut a 5" deep plug, coin at the bottom of the hole. I check it out, sweet! My third wheatie with the explorer. I start rubbing it and notice that it's from the twenties, always nice to get an older wheat. The second number starts to take shape and it looks like another 2, can't be...I was just looking at the value of a 1922 wheatie this morning, what are the chances. Sure enough, I examine it closely in good light, 1922 no D wheat penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!! I can't believe it, it is in awesome shape to boot! I found a 1914 d wheat earlier this year, really crusty, didn't think I would ever top that find, well I did...in a big way. It cleaned up pretty nicely with a little soapy water soak, and the best part...It's a die pair #2 a true "no d", by far the best of the '22 no d's, only about 15,000 known to exist. Must be a sign, I think this machine and I were meant to be together, it's already payed for itself!!!

Here are some pictures of the 1914 d wheat I dug earlier this year as well, super crusty, but a nice rare coin.

Re: WOW! WOW! WOW!!!! zap
June 08, 2012 11:41PM
really nice find congrats !!
Great Find Wildman! (n/t)
April 29, 2012 08:14PM
This message does not contain any text.

Missouri Relic Recovery Club
Civil War Relic Hunters
April 26, 2012 09:37AM
Your find made me start to clean up my wheats so I could see the dates and mint marks. That is a GREAT find you have there. Good luck on the bidding war.
April 26, 2012 12:25AM
Brought it to a rare coin expert today and he confirmed that it was the die pair #2 and grades about EF40 with environmental damage. If undug, this coin is valued close to $2000, holy moly!! I'm probably going to have it slabbed and auction it off, will be happy to get half that amount.
April 25, 2012 07:57PM
thats A W E S O M E ! congratutations ! i would get them certified a.s.a.p. !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 08:05PM by swingbeepdig.
Pics of the '14 D (n/t)
April 24, 2012 11:54PM
This message does not contain any text.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 56
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 266 on October 22, 2014