Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
Garrett Metal Detectors Minelab
White's Electronics Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
KellyCo Metal Detectors
Brute Magnetics South Carolina Low Country Civil War Show and Sale American Digger KellyCo Metal Detectors
Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures Fort Bedford Metal Detectors Civil War Relics

Another Oldie but Goodie Pic

Another Oldie but Goodie Pic
August 21, 2010 11:01PM
With two little kids running around the house, I never get time to dig anymore so I'll have to post old stuff until I get back out in the fields. Four complete canteens, assorted bottles and an Eagle cartridge box strap plate I dug out of a single hut in the camp of the 62nd Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment in Stafford County, Virginia about 6 years ago. Not shown are about 20 Minie Bullets, assorted buttons and knapsack hardware and a hat letter "L" out of the same hut. Good luck hunting to all.

Very nice finds. That Chasseur button is the first I've seen. Thanks for sharing. (n/t)
August 23, 2010 10:12AM
This message does not contain any text.
I was with Ken Lang hunting at the wilderness in the 70s when he found a whole coat of these buttons.
Hey Mike !! I hope all is well with you.
August 25, 2010 09:34PM
Miss talking to you at the shows. Perhaps I'll make it back to some once the kids get a little older. Very sorry to hear about John G's passing.
wow, that had to be a fun day (n/t)
August 24, 2010 12:23PM
BEAUTIFUL RELICS..!!!!! I LOVE ALL THAT GLASS....thumbs up (n/t)
August 23, 2010 07:25AM
WOW! (n/t)
August 23, 2010 07:15AM
Super Finds Ernest. (n/t)
August 22, 2010 09:40PM
It's great to see some of your 62nd PA finds, Ernest!
August 22, 2010 09:47AM
My Great-Great-Great Uncle, Philip Hoerr, served in Co. B of the 62nd PA.. Here's a photo of one of the Co. L guys, George Killmer. He's wearing their distinctive Chasseur uniform.

Thanks, here is a Chasseur button that I dug about 250 yards.....
August 22, 2010 10:29AM
away from the 62nd camp. The Chasseur uniforms were in storage during the winter of 1862-63 but obviously a few article of that clothing were present in the camps of the 62nd PA and adjacent 32nd MA.

Suweet!!! Makes me wanna get back into a nice hut again!! (n/t)
August 22, 2010 08:36AM
How did the surgery go Tony???????? (n/t)
August 22, 2010 08:42AM
...which made my RN wife unhappy with me! flame I was just tired of having my arm in a bag everytime I took a shower.
I'm SO ready to get back to digging. I'll be able to start some light stuff in a week or 2, so I have that to look forward to.
Now just getting ready for the Pre-DIV events we're planning.
Talk to you soon Don, and thanks for asking about the surgery!
Tony
Finds like those would hold me over for a long time!thumbs up (n/t)
August 21, 2010 11:56PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 347 on May 17, 2017