Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
Metal Detector Sales of SWMOMinelab
Garrett Metal DetectorsWhite's Electronics
KellyCo Metal Detectors
Predator ToolsDetectorProKellyCo Metal Detectors
JLowe’s GunsJDug Metal Detector RentalsCS Sales & ServicesFort Bedford Metal Detectors

Garrett Pro Pinpointer issues

Garrett Pro Pinpointer issues
November 29, 2010 04:55PM
Generally, I'm not too into pinpointers but I got the Garrett a while back and really like it. Problem is I'm on my second one and looks like soon to be 3rd.

After about a year, my switch seems to lock up. Either I have to bang it, unscrew the battery cover, turn it off/on or put it back in the holder and forget it. I think it's a switch problem but wanted to see if anyone else was having similar issues - if so maybe we need to bring 'em up jointly to Garrett. Anybody else having issues on the Garrett Pinpointer?
This message does not contain any text.
I have the same issues as Jim....
November 29, 2010 08:05PM
and the vib. thingy does not work too well anymore either. I use mine a lot and trying to get it on sometimes is a bit of a pain.. hopefully it is a faulty factory thing and they will fix it if enough of us complain. Other than that, I like mine, but it was expensive! I like the holder a lot too!

john

James A. Farley

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Re: Garrett Pro Pinpointer issues
November 29, 2010 06:33PM
Yes, I am having the switch problem with the ProPointer and frequently have to bang it against shovel handle or the ground to activate it. Love it when it is working but this is obviously a manufacturing flaw and is a nuisance when the switch locks up.
Re: Garrett Pro Pinpointer issues
November 29, 2010 06:08PM
i have a losing issue , lost 2 of them in 8 months, but i did have a problem after i dropped it a too many times, the vibrator broke, so i just took the screws out and there i a small cylinder shaped thing and i just clamped it back in place and if worked, but it takes a while to get the little light back in that hole with out breaking it, but i have did that 5 times to the ones i did have,only one button problem, when it broke off, so i used a cut toothpick and foil for a button and that worked for about 2 months then i lost it, i just go my 3rd pro pointer for my birthday, my first pro pointer was last christmas. i also broke a bounty hunter pinpointer in 2 weeks, i made a hole in the tip
And that's a good thing!......

Hope it all works out for Ya.....

Seeya, Jim
I had an issue with it recently where it was activating...
November 29, 2010 05:27PM
...without even being near the ground, much less a target. Called Garret and they replaced it no questions asked. I agree...might be good to approach them as a group. I'm sure they are partly aware of the problem now to some degree also.
Tony
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013