Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
KellyCo Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
White's ElectronicsGarrett Metal Detectors
Minelab
Predator ToolsKellyCo Metal DetectorsAmerican DiggerDetectorPro
JLowe’s GunsCS Sales & ServicesJDug Metal Detector RentalsOld Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures

I I I had a great day last week

I I I had a great day last week
May 09, 2012 07:48PM
i started off hunting a spot that has been hunted to death and man was i happy. First good target turned out to be a tin back block I. the cool part is the block i has 3 stars on the i and i think it has ten around the outside. what research i did today said they are very rare.if you look in the middle of the i you can see where the dirt makes an outline of a star. what research i have done said that the stars wore off due to a weak die. they said most dug ones either you cant see them or you barely can and mine i can see the outline of at least a few of the stars. i never knew there were stars actually in the i. i also dug a three ringer 58 caliber round ball and a spencer bullet not bad for a couple of hours. i checked a new spot out today for our little hunting group and i believe it will produce i dug 9 dropped three rings in a 20 foot area in about an hour cant wait to get the group out there. happy hunting and if anybody has any more info on my button please post thanks. also i have a brass peice i have seen before but cant rember what they are for it is the last two pics thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2012 09:40PM by rookiedigger.

picture of the one i dug
May 14, 2012 08:43AM
its almost identical with the condition and hard to see stars. I dug this one back in september.

This message does not contain any text.
I had to look twice when i seen yours...didnt know it till the other day but theres a CW/ Coin shop in Riversbend shopping center. He has Three of the "I"s with stars in his CS button case.
Great finds (n/t)
May 11, 2012 09:27AM
Awesome job James! (n/t)
May 10, 2012 07:39PM
Very nice recovery; well done. (n/t)
May 10, 2012 06:36PM
Buddy Andes told me his take on which troops they were attributed to, but I cannot remember. Maybe Doc W. will see this and post the info, as I passed it on to him, from Buddy. Great find James ! How many feet was it from where I dug the "A" ??

...HH..."DOC" in the C.S.A....

"Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or to keep one."
Robert E. Lee
Hey what's your take on the brass piece (n/t)
May 10, 2012 07:10PM
Not very far I just don't see how we missed it (n/t)
May 10, 2012 07:08PM
Nice digs... (n/t)
May 10, 2012 05:27PM
Re: I I I had a great day last week
May 10, 2012 01:21PM
James there have been several dug in the area...I found mine in southern Chesterfield. I thought they were rare too but I was at a shop yesterday and they had three of them...I guess they are less common then others. I was told by a old timer that they were buttons issued to mail carriers for the generals...don't know if there's any truth to it ..congrats on a great find. Mike
Nice finds! clap (n/t)
May 10, 2012 08:01AM

Eric Champigny
Love the button James , Tony will be sorry he missed that one luck (n/t)
May 09, 2012 09:49PM

James A. Farley
Great button ! (n/t)
May 09, 2012 09:35PM
I have only dug 1 in 42 years, I think I heard them connected to NC troops but
May 09, 2012 08:11PM
when I found mine at the Brandermill camps we dug I's A's & 2 Georgia's. really a cool button I think

Richard

treasure depot = Banned for Life & PROUD of it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 45
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 266 on October 22, 2014