Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
White's ElectronicsGarrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Minelab
KellyCo Metal DetectorsDetectorProAmerican DiggerPredator Tools
JDug Metal Detector RentalsCivil War RelicsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesFort Bedford Metal Detectors

Awesome button James. I dug a brass piece exactly like yours at DIV XIX, I think it's an early drawer pull. (n/t)

I I I had a great day last week
May 09, 2012 07:48PM
i started off hunting a spot that has been hunted to death and man was i happy. First good target turned out to be a tin back block I. the cool part is the block i has 3 stars on the i and i think it has ten around the outside. what research i did today said they are very rare.if you look in the middle of the i you can see where the dirt makes an outline of a star. what research i have done said that the stars wore off due to a weak die. they said most dug ones either you cant see them or you barely can and mine i can see the outline of at least a few of the stars. i never knew there were stars actually in the i. i also dug a three ringer 58 caliber round ball and a spencer bullet not bad for a couple of hours. i checked a new spot out today for our little hunting group and i believe it will produce i dug 9 dropped three rings in a 20 foot area in about an hour cant wait to get the group out there. happy hunting and if anybody has any more info on my button please post thanks. also i have a brass peice i have seen before but cant rember what they are for it is the last two pics thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2012 09:40PM by rookiedigger.

picture of the one i dug
May 14, 2012 08:43AM
its almost identical with the condition and hard to see stars. I dug this one back in september.

This message does not contain any text.
I had to look twice when i seen yours...didnt know it till the other day but theres a CW/ Coin shop in Riversbend shopping center. He has Three of the "I"s with stars in his CS button case.
Great finds (n/t)
May 11, 2012 09:27AM
Awesome job James! (n/t)
May 10, 2012 07:39PM
Very nice recovery; well done. (n/t)
May 10, 2012 06:36PM
Buddy Andes told me his take on which troops they were attributed to, but I cannot remember. Maybe Doc W. will see this and post the info, as I passed it on to him, from Buddy. Great find James ! How many feet was it from where I dug the "A" ??

...HH..."DOC" in the C.S.A....

"Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or to keep one."
Robert E. Lee
Hey what's your take on the brass piece (n/t)
May 10, 2012 07:10PM
Not very far I just don't see how we missed it (n/t)
May 10, 2012 07:08PM
Nice digs... (n/t)
May 10, 2012 05:27PM
Re: I I I had a great day last week
May 10, 2012 01:21PM
James there have been several dug in the area...I found mine in southern Chesterfield. I thought they were rare too but I was at a shop yesterday and they had three of them...I guess they are less common then others. I was told by a old timer that they were buttons issued to mail carriers for the generals...don't know if there's any truth to it ..congrats on a great find. Mike
Nice finds! clap (n/t)
May 10, 2012 08:01AM

Eric Champigny
Love the button James , Tony will be sorry he missed that one luck (n/t)
May 09, 2012 09:49PM

James A. Farley
Great button ! (n/t)
May 09, 2012 09:35PM
I have only dug 1 in 42 years, I think I heard them connected to NC troops but
May 09, 2012 08:11PM
when I found mine at the Brandermill camps we dug I's A's & 2 Georgia's. really a cool button I think

Richard

treasure depot = Banned for Life & PROUD of it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 266 on October 22, 2014