Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
Garrett Metal DetectorsKellyCo Metal Detectors
MinelabWhite's Electronics
Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
KellyCo Metal DetectorsDetectorProAmerican Digger
Old Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesJDug Metal Detector RentalsCivil War RelicsCS Sales & Services

Very, very nice indeed! clap (n/t)

Amazing two days! (video added)
June 27, 2012 07:27PM
Just found my first sword belt buckle and sabre guard today!! dance Amazing that neither one had any damage in a plowed field! Last 2 photos are combined finds from today and yesterday..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2012 10:02PM by umrgolf.

This message does not contain any text.
Great Job buddy, both are in very nice shape. (n/t)
July 03, 2012 09:36PM

.........//
[//////<*>|||<==========================================--------------
.........\\
Sons of Confederate Veterans
Camp #1549 N.C.G. 

Lieutenant Daniel Lafayette Rogers GGG Grandfather  6th Georgia Volunteer Cavalry  Co. A - 1st Georgia Partisan Rangers  Co. G - 1st Smith's Legion, Georgia Partisan Rangers "Smith's Georgia Legion" Co. A - A.N.V. and A.T.  "I have never witnessed greater gallantry than was displayed by Colonel Crews and the officers and men of the First, Second, Third, and Sixth Georgia Cavalry." (Report of Major General William T. Martin, C. S. Army, commanding Longstreet's cavalry during Battle of Chickamauga) "In this affair (Battle of Knoxville) the First and Sixth Georgia and Third Alabama Regiments were conspicuous for gallantry."  Surrendered with Gen. Johnston on April 26, 1865

Sgt. Milton P. Rogers  GGGUncle  Hampton's Legion, Army of Northern Virginia  Wounded at First Manassas, honored at Chickamauga and fought in all the major campaigns of the Army of N. VA and surrendered with Lee at Appomattox

Thaddeus Greshua Williams  GGGUncle  Captain, Co. E  59th Regiment, 6th Virginia Infantry   A.N.V.  Enlisted in 1860 and served until he was killed at Wilcox Farm,  Petersburg, VA  June 22, 1864

Zesty! (n/t)
July 02, 2012 07:33AM
awesome digs and video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CSA (n/t)
June 30, 2012 08:43AM

TonyMusser proud of my ancestors Corp Michael J Musser,Pvt William J musser,Pvt Thomas J Musser 63rd Regiment Virginia Vols CSA Army of Tennesse,,pvt David crockett cole 1st reg Va calvary,pvt thomas v cole 1st reg Va calvary,pvt Jackson Haga 51st Va Inf,ggggrandfather elbert t haga co i 51st Va Inf
Awesome. Fantastic Sabre Guard. Best I have seen.
June 29, 2012 09:56PM
I found about a 4" piece at the last DIV. Thanks to your find I now know where mine belonged on there. Mine was the end piece with the notch. Your finds were just awesome. Congrats on some great recoveries.

Proud member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans for all of my Virginia ancestors who served, fought, became POW's and died for a cause they believed in. You are my heroes.
Truly Amazing ! bow (n/t)
June 29, 2012 12:13PM
Congrats on some great relics. (n/t)
June 29, 2012 10:09AM
amazing indeed congrats (n/t)
June 29, 2012 08:21AM
Awsome Day! (n/t)
June 28, 2012 11:11PM

Missouri Relic Recovery Club
Civil War Relic Hunters
Jeff you win the golden horse shoe award. (n/t)
June 28, 2012 09:23PM

treasure depot = Banned for Life & PROUD of it
Beautiful Relics Congrats (n/t)
June 28, 2012 08:19PM
You are doing great! (n/t)
June 28, 2012 08:09PM

Molṑn lab --- Great Grandfather Hiram Hill Painter - Co. K - 22nd Virginia Infantry -
The "Fayetteville Rifles" - "when that [money] runs out, we will eat roots and drink water and fight on for our liberty unto death!"
Re: Amazing two days!
June 28, 2012 02:02PM
Congratulations!!! The officers buckle is a wonderful find! I'm still waiting for one of those to find its way under my coil. Those are more scarce these days then you think, especially in areas that have been hit hard for the last 40 years.
carved "A"
June 28, 2012 01:49PM
If you look real closely on the cleaned group photo it is visible but I didn't notice it until this morning... I guess its an initial? Anyway, looks like possibly another letter just to the left of the A? Thanks for the comments, I love relics like these more than anything else I find.. I stared at the buckle for a couple hours last night lol!

Very impressive finds! (n/t)
June 28, 2012 01:16PM

Eric Champigny
Really, really nice. I hope the spot gives you more great finds! (n/t)
June 28, 2012 08:55AM
Very, very nice indeed! clap (n/t)
June 28, 2012 08:13AM

Oliver T. Butler - Lieutenant, Shaw's Battalion (Hamilton's Battalion.) Tennessee Cavalry (Confederate)
James B. Butler - Co. D 89th Illinois Inf. - deserted Jan 1863 from the hospital in Louisville, KY
James. H. Butler - deserted on May 3, 1864
William H. Butler - Co. D 89th Illinois Inf. -
William Sargent Butler - Co. D 89th Illinois Inf. - Captured New Hope Church May 27, 1864, Ga. - Died Andersonville, Georgia October 5, 1864,
Newton C. Butler - Co. D 89th Illinois Inf. - Captured New Hope Church May 27, 1864, Ga. - Died Andersonville, Georgia October 10, 1864
Duncan R. Butler - Co. E, 60th Regiment of Illinois Infantry Volunteer's
Welcome M. Butler - Co. K, 13 Illinois Calvary Regiment
Jasper Butler - Battery "C", 2nd Regiment Missouri Light Artillery
Robert M. Carter - Co. F, 46th Illinois Infantry Regiment, 30 Dec 1861-29 Dec 1864
Charles L. Carter - Co. G, 142nd Indiana Infantry Regiment, 4 Oct 1864 -14 Jun 1865
Lennox H. Counts - Company A, 22nd Virginia Cavalry (Bowen's Reg't Va. Mounted Riflemen)
William Wallace West - Co. "C" 18th Texas Calvary, 4th Brigade, Walker's Texas Division - Discharged June 14, 1865,
Charles H. West - Died on September 3, 1862. Buried at the mouth of the Osage River on the Arkansas side,
Isaiah B. West - Battery "H", 2nd Regiment Missouri Light Artillery - Died September 27, 1864. Shot in the head Battle of Pilot Knob',
Welcome Ussery - Company G, 5th Reserves Infantry Regiment Georgia.
William Ussery - Company B, 35th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
Minelab GPX 5000, CTX 3030, F75 LTD, Garrett AT Pro, White's MXT All Pro
Congratulations, those are some great finds!!!! (n/t)
June 28, 2012 08:12AM
Congrats on the plate Jeff, still waiting for one myself. (n/t)
June 27, 2012 11:45PM
Awesome Digging Congrats On The Plates (n/t)
June 27, 2012 11:24PM
Quite an impressive haul (n/t)
June 27, 2012 11:15PM
nice finds... (n/t)
June 27, 2012 11:07PM

Proud of my Great, Great Granduncle who took a stand against Tyranny - Private Durham P. Bunnell, Company H, 46th Regiment, North Carolina State Troops! Wounded at the Wilderness - captured at Hatcher's Run! May I measure up to his example!
one more ID question
June 27, 2012 10:36PM
I found this piece just about 5 feet from the belt buckle and initially wrote it off as turn of the century? It has me curious now.. you can see where another character was tore off by the plow just above the 2600.. just curious if its some type of trunk plate or something similar?

Very nice relics!!! (n/t)
June 27, 2012 09:59PM
Just noticed this stamp in the back....
June 27, 2012 09:15PM
I don't have any of the relic books, can someone tell me what this 507 is for?

its numbered for this...
June 27, 2012 09:31PM
Its a benchmark number. The plate is numbered as well as the keeper(which is hopefully still at the same spot you found the plate). If you find a keeper with "507", you will have found the mate to your sword belt plate. Not all sword belt plates have numbers stamped into them, that goes for keepers as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2012 09:34PM by spear85.
Good luck,
June 27, 2012 09:38PM
there is a decent chance the keeper is there waiting for you! Only one way to find out smiling smiley
Fantastic finds, congratulations ! (n/t)
June 27, 2012 09:14PM
Re: Amazing two days!
June 27, 2012 09:01PM
Nice saves Jeff!!! Is it really dry up your way? It's hard as concrete down here by Springfield......flame

Research Boys, RESEARCH!!!!!!
Its pretty bad here too.. takes a good umphh to get those plugs cut lol (n/t)
June 27, 2012 09:14PM
Congratulations what a haulthumbs down (n/t)
June 27, 2012 08:24PM

James A. Farley
FANTASTIC!!!!!!
June 27, 2012 07:33PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Relics from a bygone era..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 266 on October 22, 2014