Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
White's ElectronicsGarrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Minelab
Predator ToolsDetectorProAmerican Digger
Civil War RelicsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesJDug Metal Detector RentalsJLowe’s Guns

I agree. I'd love to purchase one for my son. (n/t)

Off topic..A few woodcarvings...so cool
July 03, 2012 11:38AM
Since I got laid off from work the end of May I have been letting the chips fly in the cool studio downstairs. I had a pile of Cottonwood bark that I had purchased from Canada and wanted to see what I could come up with. Here are a few pieces that I have recently finished. My favorite is the Civil War Veteran, he is about 14 inches long and 4 inches wide and Titled "THE VETERAN" The others are just some of my woodspirits that folks seem to like as well. Enjoy...Bruce/Pa

Re: Off topic..A few woodcarvings...so cool
July 14, 2012 09:07PM
Very nice carvings. You certainly have talent.
awesome job bruce
July 13, 2012 02:40PM
As always,, Sorry to hear about the job,, keep looking forward. If I can help in any way let me know
This message does not contain any text.
Amazing stuff! (n/t)
July 12, 2012 10:03PM
Fantastic work, Bruce !!
July 12, 2012 09:55PM
Excellent craftsmanship, Bruce! How much would you charge for a walnut cane?

Proud of my ancestors...Private Benjamin S. Younker, 6th PA Infantry (Co. A) April 1861-July 1861...re-enlisted August 15, 1861 as Corporal Benjamin S. Younker, 4th Pennsylvania Cavalry (Co. A) August 1861- December 1864...promoted to Sergeant on August 21, 1861...re-enlisted at Bull Run, Va. on January 1, 1864...wounded, transferred to 1st Battalion, Veteran's Reserve Corps December 1864 through 1865... Private Israel Kresge, 118th PA Infantry (Co. E)...Private Reuben Schnell, 199th PA Infantry (Co. b)...Private Christian Meyer, 106th Ohio Infantry (4th German Regiment) (Co. b)
Still looking great Bruce, You have a talent for surethumbs down (n/t)
July 10, 2012 02:44PM
Woodspirits
July 10, 2012 12:46PM
I used to carve woodspirits and sold them on Ebay. I could of made a living doing it. People were eating them up. You do good work. I sold them under Snurfy2k a few years back. Sent them all over the world. I had a style similiar to Nancy Tuttles. Liked to envoke emotion. ;) I also did walking sticks which I labeled ugly sticks. I used Freedom flex shaft tooling, which has just been swinging in the shop for quite a while now. And I have hundreds of knots and Cypress knees just waiting to be carved. Thought about selling it all a while back, I have 4 kids so it's hard to enjoy it anymore. Good work though. They look great.

Hint: Quality = $. People like the goofy faces too, or even insane looking faces. Separate yourself with a niche. Good luck bud.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 12:51PM by goonie1day.
WOW!!!!!!beer (n/t)
July 07, 2012 06:37AM
WOW--anybody who can do that is giftedgood job (n/t)
July 05, 2012 09:54PM
July 04, 2012 07:56PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for the comments and kind words I do appreciate them. As some of you know I lost my job the end of May and have been pounding out some carvings. Not enough to live on for now but who knows what might happen in the future. I have had my carvings published in The Harrisburg Magizine and in the local papers and have carvings in 12 states and Canada so I feel like I`m getting some feelers out there and of course the internet helps. My problem WELL I guess it`s not really a problem, is that I can`t carve them fast enough.. Oh well we`ll see what the Good Lord has in store for me and no matter what it is it will be GOOD!!! Thanks again...Bruce/Pa
Love "The Veteran." Great Work! (n/t)
July 05, 2012 11:19AM
Awesome work Bruce. (n/t)
July 04, 2012 05:57PM
Outstanding woodcarvings, Bruce! (n/t)
July 04, 2012 04:45PM
Wow, very nice. Looks to me like you should start carving full time! clap
July 04, 2012 08:23AM
I would love to be so talented. Thought of a price for the CW Veteran?
Re: Wow, very nice. Looks to me like you should start carving full time! clap
July 04, 2012 01:24PM
He is sold Thanks for asking. Bruce/Pa
July 04, 2012 07:09AM
That is some very good work Bruce, Hope all is well Tim
Beautiful work Bruce!!! (n/t)
July 03, 2012 07:46PM
I agree. I'd love to purchase one for my son. (n/t)
July 03, 2012 06:33PM
those are incredible, do you take orders? (n/t)
July 03, 2012 06:29PM
always enjoy seeing your work Bruce. Linda loves her earrings!!! thumbs down (n/t)
July 03, 2012 06:07PM

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Very Cool!!!.... (n/t)
July 03, 2012 03:51PM
Beautiful Carviing's (n/t)
July 03, 2012 01:25PM
WOW, incredible works of art. (n/t)
July 03, 2012 01:11PM

Eric Champigny

~~ "There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." Mark Twain ~~
Still hoping for one , Bruce, but maybe it isn't one you want to tackle. (n/t)
July 04, 2012 08:02PM

~~ "There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." Mark Twain ~~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013