Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
KellyCo Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal DetectorsMinelab
White's Electronics
DetectorProKellyCo Metal DetectorsAmerican Digger
Old Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesCS Sales & ServicesJDug Metal Detector RentalsCivil War Relics

Way to go Joshua... (n/t)

Meeting location: Mary Pretlow Library 111 W. Oceanview Ave. Norfolk, VA 23503

Meeting Time: Second Tuesday of the month 6:30 PM

"To uphold Archaeological Historic Preservation for future generations."

Well, even though its mainly just you and me here Ina,
December 03, 2009 11:18PM
I figured I'd post this.

I may be on the last leg of returning a class ring I found earlier this year.. Everything is lining up except for the exact initials, and confirmation of the ring being lost/where if known. Unfortunately if it is the family I've tracked down, the lady has passed on, but her children are still around, as well as much of her family.

The initials may be wrong though, as the only person that had the last two initials for the year was this one lady. I really hope this is it, it's been rough trying to find contacts to help me out here.

On another note, my supervisor lost his ring in his yard when cleaning up after the NorEaster, so I got to go find that this weekend.

See you all soon!

Willoughby Smitty, purveyor of fine rusted iron, aluminum cans, and pull tabs since 1995!

"I visited a number of our field hospitals, and it was the most affecting sight I ever saw, to see so many of our poor fellows breathing out their noble lives. A young man to my left, as I passed through a ward in which most of the patients were regarded as mortally wounded, knowing that dissolution was near, was dictating a last message to his young wife; and another to my right was directing a comrade by his side to send some loving word to his mother; and near by another, whose countenance showed that life was fast ebbing away, looked intently on a picture of some dear one at home for a moment and then fell to weeping. Others were undergoing great mental as well as physical suffering, because they were conscious that they were going to die far away from homes and friends. But the groans and agonies of these brave men shall not have been in vain. Future generations will enjoy the blessings that their blood has helped to purchase. It would be base ingratitude on the part of those for whom they died, were they to make no effort to commemorate their glorious actions."
-Wiley Britton
-Memoirs of the Rebellion on the Border, 1863-
I hope you get as many "found and returned pins" as you can before leaving!!!! (n/t)
December 08, 2009 05:02AM
This message does not contain any text.
Way to go Joshua... (n/t)
December 04, 2009 07:54AM
Thanks Dennis. I'm certainly trying fighter (n/t)
December 04, 2009 10:41PM

Willoughby Smitty, purveyor of fine rusted iron, aluminum cans, and pull tabs since 1995!
"I visited a number of our field hospitals, and it was the most affecting sight I ever saw, to see so many of our poor fellows breathing out their noble lives. A young man to my left, as I passed through a ward in which most of the patients were regarded as mortally wounded, knowing that dissolution was near, was dictating a last message to his young wife; and another to my right was directing a comrade by his side to send some loving word to his mother; and near by another, whose countenance showed that life was fast ebbing away, looked intently on a picture of some dear one at home for a moment and then fell to weeping. Others were undergoing great mental as well as physical suffering, because they were conscious that they were going to die far away from homes and friends. But the groans and agonies of these brave men shall not have been in vain. Future generations will enjoy the blessings that their blood has helped to purchase. It would be base ingratitude on the part of those for whom they died, were they to make no effort to commemorate their glorious actions."
-Wiley Britton
-Memoirs of the Rebellion on the Border, 1863-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013