Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
Metal Detector Sales of SWMOWhite's Electronics
MinelabGarrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal Detectors
Predator ToolsAmerican DiggerEast Texas Treasure OutfittersKellyCo Metal Detectors
CS Sales & ServicesFort Bedford Metal DetectorsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesJDug Metal Detector Rentals

coin beach Delaware

coin beach Delaware
November 30, 2010 04:56PM
Any info. on where to go at this beach
Re: coin beach Delaware
December 22, 2010 05:22PM
Rose guinea at the life guard station. Several half penny's and a few 1811 us half dollars at the inlet. South of the inlet near a water tower I found Dutch. In Ocean city from the inlet to 21St street Spanish. Thought I was only a relic hunter????????? HaHa. I found many half penny's to wash out of the dunes in years past. Their in there but off limits as I remember. Go by Dales museum at Fenwick island in sea shell city. Dale goes way back also and dives allot. The late 70's was an amazing time to beach hunt with your old TR.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2010 05:31PM by Tex Kinsey.
things migrate north over the years........
December 16, 2010 04:40PM
I've logged lots of hours down there, and like joe said, its better just a bit north of the lifeguard museum. Its about 5 miles from the inlet to the beach at Rehoboth, and the better finds are close to between two miles up and Dewey. There is a fishing access area I used to park at......or Linda would drop me off and then pick me up a couple miles up the road. Unless there is a noreaster, (where you can hunt cuts) you'll do better searching high on the beach. Lots of guys ignore this area, but thats where things get thrown a lot during storms, and it can be VERY productive. I zigzag up the beach, and look for concentrations of fishing sinkers. if there is lead, there is likely gold. If you happen to find one of the half pennies, its a bonus! I've only found about a half dozen over the years.......so they aint exactly thick anymore. If you do find one though..........its a good place to knuckle down and spend some time.................

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Re: coin beach Delaware
December 01, 2010 07:30PM
I believe up near the Life guard Museum, but usually only after a Nor Easter hits. I think about a mile north of Indian river inlet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 48
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 404 on November 29, 2014