Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
White's ElectronicsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal DetectorsMinelab
KellyCo Metal Detectors
East Texas Treasure OutfittersPredator ToolsKellyCo Metal Detectors
JLowe’s GunsJDug Metal Detector RentalsCivil War RelicsOld Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures

Re: Fisher 1280X Aqua machine

Fisher 1280X Aqua machine
February 11, 2012 09:05AM
Good morning to all!

Can anybody give me some info and recommendations, one way or the other, on this machine? I am looking for a water machine that will work in fresh and salt water as well as in black sand on the beaches.

Doubleagle
March 16, 2012 07:55PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....a stable machine in both salt and fresh water...like my Seahunter mk11 a tad better and sold the Fisher. Good luck me bouy!
March 22, 2012 10:53AM
Leslie;

Thank you for your input.

I am having trouble in deciding on which one to buy.

I just purchased an MXT for land.

Doubleagle
February 11, 2012 08:35PM
I have a friend who has one and he's selling it if your interested I can talk to him. He's only used it a couple times and never in the water. He is not a computer guy and I did post it for him awhile back with pictures. Detector looks brand new just letting you know. I use a CZ 20 and love it. I like the 3 tone. I also use my Garrett AT PRO for the real thing/small gold where the CZ20 won't even give a chirp.JMO
February 12, 2012 08:12AM
Joe, thanks again. Do you know how much he would want for it in case I go that way. I am still trying to gather as much info as I can before purchase.

Doubleagle
February 11, 2012 07:56PM
I have taken my 1280x with me to Hawaii and have used it in the salt water. I have found a gold ring and lots of coins with it in salt water. I have also used it in the Carolinas and Florida in the water. You certainly know when you have hit a target. The only problem is when you initially lower the coil in the shallow surf near shore where it will false when a small wave breaks over the coil. Once you are in deeper water, say a foot or more, the falsing almost completely disappears.
February 12, 2012 08:10AM
Gord;

Thank you for your input. I am just trying to gather as much info as I can before purchase.Have you used the 1280X on land for relics as well?

Doubleagle
February 18, 2012 09:32PM
Have never used the 1280x on land other than dry sand. If you did use it on land you would be digging a lot of junk targets i.e. bottle caps, pulltabs etc.
Fisher 1280X Aqua machine
April 26, 2012 04:56AM
i does not like fish.it is dangerous
karan chanana -mufti for health
February 20, 2012 10:34AM
Thanks Gord

I plan on purchasing it for the beach, both fresh and salt water areas and will purchase an MXT or MXT Pro for land. Are you familiar with the MXT machines?

Doubleagle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 47
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013