Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
MinelabKellyCo Metal Detectors
White's ElectronicsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal Detectors
American DiggerKellyCo Metal DetectorsPredator Tools
Fort Bedford Metal DetectorsCS Sales & ServicesCivil War RelicsJDug Metal Detector Rentals

DIV XIII and XIV Finds ... GREAT TIME!

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Civil War Trivia Game

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

DIV XIII and XIV Finds ... GREAT TIME!
April 18, 2010 10:43PM
I had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I enjoyed being able to hunt for eight straight and ... eight is enough. Started off hunting at DIV XIII PI Hunt Sun-Tue. Found my first CS Eagle with Gilt and another NY Cuff button. Wed Noel took us to his home town area in Petersburg. Found a few bullets and colonial buttons. Got to meet some of his family and in-laws. Chris, who couldn't make the March DIV this year, joined us for half a day. It was a really nice day and we ended up at one of Noel's favorites that had an all you can eat rib night. Thursday we hunted a local 600A farm that we were fortunate to get permission to hunt in Culpeper. Found some 3 ringers, a ball button and J-hook. Looking forward to going back as we just barely scratched the surface in one small area. Fri-Sun the big DIV XIV Hunt and I found my first plate. A cartridge box plate. Thanks John, Rose and Committee for a great time at tow well organized hunts. I would really like to do that again next Spring! It was also a special hunt as Bernie from Vermont joined us for his first DIV. Lucky Bernie! Most people who find eight bullets at a DIV find eight 3 ringers. Not Bernie, only one and the other seven were all different! We hunted together this weekend in NH. On Saturday he found a really nice eagle button. After cleaning it he has told me it has a crown above the eagle. Now we have to find out what it is. Maybe British. Today he found a silver 1818 8 reale. Lucky Bernie! My DIV finds:

DIV XIII Finds

DIV XIV Finds

Cartridge box plate

DIV XIV Buttons

Combined finds

Thanks for looking.

HH

Bob K aka RelicHunterBob
This message does not contain any text.
CSAnice digs bob! (n/t)
April 22, 2010 08:48PM

TonyMusser proud of my ancestors Corp Michael J Musser,Pvt William J musser,Pvt Thomas J Musser 63rd Regiment Virginia Vols CSA Army of Tennesse,,pvt David crockett cole 1st reg Va calvary,pvt thomas v cole 1st reg Va calvary,pvt Jackson Haga 51st Va Inf,ggggrandfather elbert t haga co i 51st Va Inf
Thanks for turning me on to DIV and congrats on your Finds.
April 20, 2010 09:04PM
It was a real pleasure hunting with you and having you share your expertise with me. You and Noel really made me feel welcome and answered all my dumb questions on bullets, etc.
WoW Bob .. You had a couple of good hunts!thumbs down (n/t)
April 20, 2010 09:01PM

~~ "There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." Mark Twain ~~
Great digs Bob! (n/t)
April 20, 2010 08:44AM

Just too old - Culpeper
Bob great plate and nice finds!!!! (n/t)
April 20, 2010 07:26AM
Congratulations, nice finds. (n/t)
April 20, 2010 07:20AM
Nice finds Bob. It was great to see you and Wendy again. (n/t)
April 20, 2010 12:02AM
Nice Digs Bob, Congrats! (n/t)
April 19, 2010 02:15PM
Great Saves (n/t)
April 18, 2010 11:39PM
Nice finds Bob! (n/t)
April 18, 2010 10:48PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013