Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
MinelabGarrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal DetectorsWhite's Electronics
Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
American DiggerEast Texas Treasure OutfittersDetectorPro
CS Sales & ServicesJDug Metal Detector RentalsJLowe’s GunsOld Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures

Beauregard Farm my choice

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Civil War Trivia Game

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

Which DIV should i go to???
September 27, 2010 04:08PM
My Grandpa and i are going to one of the DIV's in march. i dont know which one to go to. i have never been to brandy rock but i would like to hunt it for the last time. or we could go to DIV XVII on the new 3000 acre farm that hasnt been hunted. pops is going because he wants to find a bottle in a hut. i also need help finding a hut at the DIV i go to, i'm only 16 but never dug a hut yet.
Michael, Both still offer a nice chance at great relics...
September 29, 2010 10:59PM
You may stand a better chance getting into a trash or firepit at Brandy Rock, but it's had more pressure with PI's and the # of DIV's held on it. Both places still have plenty of relics, as each DIV has been very successful there. I have dug about 10 fire and trash pits at Brandy Rock and you just never know what's going to come out of one.

Another thing to consider...Beauregard offers both battlefield and camps finds, so you are more likely to find frags or maybe even a whole shell on that hunt if that's of interest to you. Brandy Rock was on the fringe of the battle of Brandy Station, so most of the finds there are camp related.

Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong! Good luck and hope to see you both in the field!

Doug
Re: Michael, Both still offer a nice chance at great relics...
September 30, 2010 06:37PM
Hey Doug,

Thanks for that info. I've been trying to find out that kind of stuff.
After reading alot of new and old post, I'd be thrilled to be selected for either dig.

Hh,
Mike
This message does not contain any text.
Is one site easier on VLF machines than the other??? (n/t)
September 29, 2010 09:22AM
Same strip of powdered iron runs through both farms.....
September 29, 2010 01:00PM
there are a few small spots that should hold relics on both farms that are a little less minieralized, but it is mostly hot dirt. JMO.
Also......If you are able to hunt wooded sites......they tend to be considerably less mineralized than the field hilltops!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Thanks for the reply Streak! (n/t)
September 30, 2010 06:31AM
Check your email please. (n/t)
September 29, 2010 03:51PM
Re: Check your email please.
September 29, 2010 04:43PM
Were you talking to me? i couldnt find any new emails
Re: Check your email please.
September 29, 2010 04:35PM
ok thats my moms email but i will check it
Re: Same strip of powdered iron runs through both farms.....
September 29, 2010 03:18PM
which hunt are you going to
Re: Same strip of powdered iron runs through both farms.....
September 29, 2010 03:01PM
the dirt does not bother my detect, i decided to go to the XVII hunt
Thanks for the reply Earl (n/t)
September 29, 2010 01:44PM
That is a toss up, and I don't think you can go wrong at either one......
September 29, 2010 09:06AM
there are still a lot of relics left on both of these farms....you just have to get out there and DIG EM' UP!!
I'm planning on both....
September 28, 2010 05:40PM
But don't fool yourself. Both sites have been hunted. Not sure what gave the idea that one had not, but One DIV and a GNRS (on about 400 acres) and local hunters. Matter of fact while with my friend Randy I found 11 coins in an area on the farm that has been hunted by many others with my GPX 4000 and I am sure there are some more and hopefully a gold coin awaiting in the same area. I know for a fact there are lots of relics at both sites for the surface hunter and hunt digger. One just has to find them! If not, you had the chance to find them.

Hopefully I will get picked for both of them and I am planning and awaiting with a lot of zeal and patience!

john
Yeah Jack....
September 29, 2010 10:15AM
You SOB! Those were some nice coins you found too! (I'll call you later tonight and catch up!)

on the "VERG" of the motherload
Glen Heath
me too jack.........................with a bit of luck! thumbs down a whole week of DIV! grinning smiley (n/t)
September 28, 2010 07:58PM

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Sweet, i wish i could go to both. i was at XIV and did great, 94 bullets, 3 buttons, scabberd tip, grommets,2 knapsack hooks, and more.with the Fisher F75, also i seen the video you and slim made on youtube. i guess my best bet is XVII and the beaurgard farm.
Re: Which DIV should i go to???
September 28, 2010 09:02AM
I don't think you can go wrong with either place. I love Brandy Rock and was digging relics there until dark so I know there are still plenty left and I have never been to Beauregard so I am hoping to go to that one as well.
Michael my choice would be Beuregard Farm hope you find some neat relics (n/t)
September 28, 2010 08:42AM
I'm good for both. Nothing like 6 days of diggin (n/t)
September 27, 2010 08:59PM
Re: I'm good for both. Nothing like 6 days of diggin
September 28, 2010 05:38PM
same here , i would love to dig for 6 days if my grandpa could make it through that trip. i'm 16 and i have plenty of energy to digg holes .
Which ever you decide good luck to you and your Grandpa! That's coolluck (n/t)
September 27, 2010 07:31PM
ill take either one hoping for both i love div!CSA (n/t)
September 27, 2010 07:02PM

TonyMusser proud of my ancestors Corp Michael J Musser,Pvt William J musser,Pvt Thomas J Musser 63rd Regiment Virginia Vols CSA Army of Tennesse,,pvt David crockett cole 1st reg Va calvary,pvt thomas v cole 1st reg Va calvary,pvt Jackson Haga 51st Va Inf,ggggrandfather elbert t haga co i 51st Va Inf
Well thats a hard decision, I really like Brandy and didn't get to Beauregard...
September 27, 2010 06:53PM
My best DIV finds were at Brandy. I personally love that place and I have a lot of good memories from there. Either location would be an excellent choice to attend. Beauregard hosted DIV VII and I hear it was great. I'm not saying its going to be easy, you will have to work at it in the difficult soil and not give up no matter which one you go to. Determination and patience will hopefully lead you to the relics.
Hope that helps.
Lee
Beauregard Farm my choice
September 27, 2010 05:54PM
If you can only go to one I would pick Beauregard Farm. We went there on our first hunt (DIV VII) and loved it. My wife has been waiting ever since to go back. It looks her therapy has been successful and she will sign up for it when sign-ups open. Good luck!

HH

Bob K
i'm not going to october hunt, i ddnt make the lst but i will go in march
You can still go in Oct. if you wish. See Rose's post at the top of the list.
http://www.mytreasurespot.com/main/read.php?5,453370,453370#msg-453370

Bob B.

"Believing you know it all, will guarantee you learn nothing - and achieve even less."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 05:40PM by BigBobbyB.
Good question......
September 27, 2010 04:31PM
Al thought Brandy Rock has been hunted a few times, there are still plenty of relics to be found with a pulse machine. There are also more huts and trash pits awaiting.
Beauregard has only been hunted once. The ground is almost as bad a Brandy Rock but there are probably less huts and trash pits than Brandy Rock. Very few pulse machines were used at that last hunt so pulse units should really make a killing this time. I dug a nice Engineers Cape Pin using an MXT but my depth was limited due to the soil. Terry Fisher dug Sword Belt plates with his ancient White's Eagle 2 SL so even someone deaf and blind can succeed at Beauregard if you are lucky enough.... smiling smiley
If I were you, and couldn't do both, Beauregard would be my choice.

Bob B.

"Believing you know it all, will guarantee you learn nothing - and achieve even less."
Bob.....
September 28, 2010 10:30AM
I remember you digging that Engineering Cape Pin right next to where I was standing (you dog!). It was in beautiful shape! (Randy McMahon from work).
Re: Good question......
September 27, 2010 04:59PM
i cant do both , my grandpa could make it 6 days up there, but he does want a bottle. i dont have a pulse machine, i use a fisher f75. i have been very successful with it
Flip a coin heads or tails would be a winner in my opinion! (n/t)
September 27, 2010 04:12PM
Re: Flip a coin heads or tails would be a winner in my opinion!
September 27, 2010 04:30PM
lol i did that, heads was BR abd tails was the new site, it landed on tails 8 out of 10 times , so i guess the new site.
Clarification Michael
September 27, 2010 05:39PM
Beuregard Farm is NOT a new site. We had DIV VII there.

Glad to see that your grandpa is willing to give it another try. There's no guarantees that he will dig a bottle but his chances would be pretty good if one of our veteran diggers took him under their wing and pointed him in the right direction.
Re: Clarification Michael
September 29, 2010 05:05PM
thanks, will sign ups start this week?. i found a broken bottle at the last DIV ,so hopfully i can find a full one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 46
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 266 on October 22, 2014