Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
White's ElectronicsGarrett Metal Detectors
MinelabMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
KellyCo Metal Detectors
Predator ToolsKellyCo Metal DetectorsDetectorProAmerican Digger
Civil War RelicsOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesJLowe’s GunsCS Sales & Services

Turkey basting bags (n/t)

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Civil War Trivia Game

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

TDI weatherproofing
March 22, 2011 08:55PM
I am sure most of us would not want our metal detectors to fall prey to our Virginia showers this weekend and next. So my question is would anyone like to share there thoughts or ideas on how to make the TDI rain proof or as close as possible? Thanks for any hints guys
Turkey basting bags (n/t)
March 23, 2011 02:07PM
This message does not contain any text.
Here's what I did for my TDI...
March 23, 2011 10:09AM
I went to Wal-Mart and in the drapery section bought these drapes for $11. They come in a plastic zipper bag.

I took the bag and turned it over with zipper side down and put the control box that I had removed from the shaft and punched holes where it attaches to the shaft and where the cables come in to the box.

Then I put duct tape on all edges and the bottom plus over the holes where the screws attach it to the shaft for water protection.

There is enough room to make adjustments without have to open the bag plus you can see what you are doing. I may have to add some duct tape if I see a leak but I think it turned out to be a pretty nifty rain cover.
Will that work on the control box for the MXT? (n/t)
March 23, 2011 09:35AM
An cheap and easy fix to rainproof the MXT ....
March 24, 2011 10:30AM
Go to a beauty parlor or woman's hair supply department at a place like CVS, Walgreens, Target or Wal-Mart and buy a 12 pack of those cheap thin clear vinyl shower caps.

Place the shower cap over the control box overlapping the elastic on each bottom corner of the control box. Overlap the back side where the headphones plug in to keep water out of the headphone jack. A sandwich bag over the screen protects that ... although in Culpeper you can't depend on the screen info so you don't really need to see the screen.
Re: TDI weatherproofing
March 22, 2011 09:42PM
Two gallon zipper bag (thanks to Gimbig for this hint), take off the control box, put bag over box, put box back on rod, make hole for headphones and then tape the connection, zip bag up on the coil wire and tape the connection. Done
Yep that's the ticket - 2 Gallon Zipper bag & Duck Tapegood job (n/t)
March 22, 2011 11:47PM

Dano in GA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013