Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
Garrett Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
White's ElectronicsMinelab
KellyCo Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal DetectorsDetectorProAmerican Digger
Old Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesCS Sales & ServicesCivil War RelicsFort Bedford Metal Detectors

Re: Sorry to hear about the flood damage...

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Civil War Trivia Game

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

Cant make it to DIV - Say some prayers for us in LA !
March 13, 2012 02:23PM
Yesterday a huge storm (called a 500 year storm by some?) hit southern LA and dumped up to 15" of rain on me and many of my Cajun neighbors in Carencro LA in only a couple of hours. Sadly, my house got flooded with 5-6" of water throughout it and ruined lots of our stuff, wood floors and the bottom of the sheetrock walls. My wife and I have been working so hard to get through this. Sadly, with this disaster, I will NOT be able to make it to DIV XX and XXI as I have been planning for and so excited to attend.

I was looking forward to meeting so many of you. Even though my wife still encouraged me to go to DIV, I cannot leave her behind with this mess ! Please say some prayers for us as we work to restore our home. I just dont know why this happened, i'm sure there is a reason.

Thanks. EJ aka Cajuncoinhunter

F75 LTD & MXT Pro
Southern LA Metal Detecting
Relics, Buttons, Bullets & Old Coins
Sorry to hear about the flood damage...
March 15, 2012 09:37AM
Good thing is it sounds like all is well and that is most important. Material things can and will be replaced. Prayers for you and your family and hope you recover quickly. Peace my friend!
Re: Sorry to hear about the flood damage...
March 15, 2012 09:05PM
Thanks so much Erle. We gonna get through it. I appreciate it. cch.
This message does not contain any text.
Sorry to hear that.....Prayers on the way! (n/t)
March 14, 2012 06:09AM
Re: Cant make it to DIV - Say some prayers for us in LA !
March 13, 2012 11:18PM
Thanks all. Its tough. The walls are soaked, removed flooring all last night. Worked all day on cutting out wet sheetrock and insulation. Back at it tomorrow. I just try and keep positive. My wife has been wonderful. God Bless. EJ.

F75 LTD & MXT Pro
Southern LA Metal Detecting
Relics, Buttons, Bullets & Old Coins
I'm sorry to hear about the flood. My prayers are with you and your wife. (n/t)
March 13, 2012 05:54PM
That sucks ok, but thats South Louisiana! crying
March 13, 2012 05:13PM
I don't remember the number of times I couldn't get out of the garage in Lake Charles to get to the shop. One of those south Louisiana toad strainers. In 1980 Lake Charles got 22 inches in 24 hours.

Sorry to hear ya got flooded. Hope you make the next one.
My prayers for you and your family. Hope to see at the next one. (n/t)
March 13, 2012 04:54PM

Proud member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans for all of my Virginia ancestors who served, fought, became POW's and died for a cause they believed in. You are my heroes.

Doug - Lawrenceville, GA
well that just sucks.............
March 13, 2012 03:20PM
Hope you get your house back in order soon. I've been flooded before and it isnt fun at all.
you know.....you may consider going to DIv anyway. the distraction may do you good....and your wife can run the dehumidifier all the while you are gone, and get it as dry as possible before you start tearing thnigs out. Its a shame you got flooded, but a shame you cant come too. The house will still be there when you get home. just a thought..............

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. I wish, I lived closer, I'd bring down my generator and tools down and
give you a hand.

I was so looking forward to meeting you. We have chatted many times here on the Spot, I hope everything works out for you
and your family and you will be able to make it to the hunt this fall.

Please remember that we all will be thinking of our fellow DIV'er family member and will keep you in our prayers.

Sincerely,
Dennis L. Morrison
Ringfinder
Payers said for you E.J. Hopefully you can make the next one. (n/t)
March 13, 2012 02:37PM
Re: Payers said for you E.J. Hopefully you can make the next one.
March 13, 2012 02:45PM
Thank You Dennis. I will miss not shaking your hand but Our whole town was flooded out yesterday and many homes remain so today. So many besides me with problems. We werent even in a flood zone. Go figure. Cant beat mother nature. Thanks again for thinking of us. EJ.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013