Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
White's ElectronicsMinelab
Garrett Metal DetectorsMetal Detector Sales of SWMO
KellyCo Metal Detectors
American DiggerPredator ToolsKellyCo Metal Detectors
CS Sales & ServicesOld Rebellion War Relics & MiniaturesFort Bedford Metal DetectorsCivil War Relics

Joe, in that field, most of the bullets weren't that deep and the reason for that is the field had been

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Civil War Trivia Game

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

Here is a short Video that hunterjoe took of me detecting Beauregard, Enjoy!!image
April 11, 2012 11:09PM
Enjoy!!

When are you going to have your own show?
April 15, 2012 05:03PM
Nice going Dennis.
This message does not contain any text.
Great seeing you Denny! (n/t)
April 13, 2012 09:47PM

417 RELIC HUNTERS CLUB
SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI

what a great time in that field denny.
April 13, 2012 12:48PM
We must have found about 225 bullets in that field between the 3 of us. Can't wait to go back.
Thanks guys, sounds like good advice. Already looking into selling my Excal and getting an Infinium. What do you think? I'm really amped up about this Civil War stuff. Just kinda hit me watching some youtube videos. Don't mean to hijack your post Ringfinder and really appreciate your help. Thanks, Joe.
you might want to get a different headset set up. The one that Garrett sells, ain't that great and the one that is being sold here on the spot, has
it's problems also. I'm sure others can give you some advice about the headset hookup. Most guys like to use a better headset than what Garrett provides. I
don't know why they don't use a better headset with the Infinium.

Good Luck with what ever you go with.

Denny
Great video, seems like that bullet was fairly shallow. What is the average target depth in those fields? I'm new here and am hoping to go on the next DIV hunt. Really looking forward to it. I have an Explorer Se Pro, Excallibur II, with 10" coil and a Ace 250. How would these detectors fair in those fields? Thanks for taking my questions, Joe.
plowed and worked down. Almost all the bullets could be found by just kicking the soil back or digging down not to far
and retrieved. Some were deeper! I found several at over 10 inches, but most were not that deep. As for the Explorer and the Excallibur II, I am not sure
how they would work. I know one fellow had a Excallibur , but I can't say for sure how he did. I'm sure he found some surface finds. I am sure he found some
things at DIV XXI at the Spillman farm as it had never been hunted that much.

If you are chosen to hunt this fall at Brandy Rock, I don't think any of your detectors would work. This place has been really hunted hard and most
of the finds will be found with a PI detector. Not to say that some VLF machines won't find anything, they will. But a detector that you can't ground balance at this
site will be really hard to hunt with. I know some will say, I don't know what I'm talking about, but tell that to the fellow at DIV XX who was hunting with a AT Pro, he
said if the target wasn't 3 inches or less he couldn't find it. He really had a hard time because of the mineralization in the ground.

Now if John comes up with a new place and he is talking about finding one, then you may be able to detect with some of the detectors that you have. It will just depend on
the mineralization in the ground.

Good Luck with what ever you hunt with. You never know, you might hit a spot that has never been hunted and find the find of a life time.

Denny
You don't know what your talking about!!! bang head
April 13, 2012 09:27AM
Hey you said someone would say it!

Just kidding you know. Your right! If you cannot GB the machine it's going to be very hard to find anything.

Delaware I would seriously consider getting another machine. If you read through the list of detectors used at DIV you will get a good idea of what works. Sell your machines and get one of those and learn how to use it before DIV.

James A. Farley
rifle. Now that is a man's rifle. A STRONG man, LOL, and just think, he had to carry at least 40 rounds of ammo. I can't imagine firing and loading that rifle 3 times a
minute on the run. I bet when that fellow picked up a .58 caliber rifle, he thought he died and went to heaven, so much lighter.
Yes you need a tripod to sight it stars (n/t)
April 13, 2012 08:33PM

James A. Farley
I'm reading a book...
April 13, 2012 09:29AM
about the battle of Prairie Grove. There was a whole regiment of Illinois troops that used the .69 Can you imagine the sound of those minies hitting trees and such. Man the way they talk about the noise of the balls in the air I bet it was something.
Good video Dennis, was your find a bullet? (n/t)
April 12, 2012 08:48AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 55
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013