Welcome! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of Service Extras
Metal Detector Sales of SWMOKellyCo Metal Detectors
White's ElectronicsGarrett Metal Detectors
Minelab
Predator ToolsEast Texas Treasure OutfittersAmerican Digger
JDug Metal Detector RentalsCivil War RelicsCS Sales & ServicesOld Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures

The younger Generation

The purpose of this forum is to allow folks to post stories about the Good Deeds they have done for others while engaged in the hobby of metal detecting. In order to keep things on topic, you can make a new post but replying to existing post is not allowed. This way we have a good list to use when needed to help promote the hobby.

The younger Generation
August 26, 2009 10:18AM
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share an experience I had today. Last night, it would have been better if I had longer notice, my 10 year old daughter asked me to bring some of my relics to show in class today; they are studying the Civil War. Well, I gathered some of my best examples and took as many relics and reference books I could in a suit case. When I got there and started setting up on a table, every one was amazed at the relics. To top it off I gave the whole class a fired three ringer, the teacher a gardner and eagle button, and left all of my reference books there for all to use, on loan of course. I touched on several topics of the war and told them how I found these relics and the whole class wants a detector, look out Don D. One thing I know, these kids will remember the things I showed today and maby be more interested learning. If anyone has any tips on these kinds of show and tells please share.

Thanks for reading, Brent.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 47
Record Number of Users: 65 on April 03, 2011
Record Number of Guests: 263 on December 26, 2013