Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

Last signal of the year ....... a silver plated star stud to a Texas 2 piece belt rig!!

Last signal of the year ....... a silver plated star stud to a Texas 2 piece belt rig!!
January 02, 2018 11:56AM
The last day of 2017 was super cold but I had been finding unprecedented finds at my new site so I bundled up and headed out. The day was a repeat of all the others at this site. Good signals seemed to be everywhere. Just as it started to get dark I placed my coil under a small holly tree and I got a sweet signal. Moments later I was looking at a 5 pointed star!!! I had no idea what I had, as I had never seen and other one, but I knew I had something special. It was time to go home.......... Had a good friend just send me this picture of a cover of a past North South Trader showing the star device stud on a South Carolina 2 piece belt. Apparently the star device stud was used on only high ranking Confederate officers 2 piece plates from several states (here a South Carolina). The design of this one is a little different from the one I found. I'm being told the one I found more closely resembles a known star device on a Texas 2 piece belt and the fact mine is silver plated points in that direction as well. Another star stud was found by well known digger Meigs Brainard and Lewis Leigh told him this came from a Texas 2 piece belt rig as well. Apparently less than 10 have been dug. The other pictures show all the other finds I made during the Christmas holidays. This site has been one for the books! A total of 4 Ordinance buttons, a coat Eagle R, a staff Massachusetts Volunteer Militia, a gorgeous openended silver plated colonial overcoat button, set of colonial silver cufflinks, a 12 pound solid shot, hundreds of musket balls and bullets, many rare bullets including 6 CS Austrian 69's, 2 French Revolutionary War buttons, and many more relics! 2017 sure has been a wonderful year of discovering relics for me! Got out for a short time on the first day of 2018, even though it was a chilly 22, and got another 32 bullets including a nest of Colt Dragoon 44's and a handful of Sharps. Hoping there are a few more surprises for me at this site! Hoping everyone has a great New Year! HH Devonrex

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 04:02PM by Devonrex.

Love the button! Great start to the new year. (n/t)
January 02, 2018 09:54PM
This message does not contain any text.

US Army, M60A3, M1A1, Tank Commander, 82-93
Great grandson, William H Whipkey, 142 Reg. Pa. Volunteers
Nice (n/t)
January 02, 2018 09:20PM
Sweet digs John good job
Great finds glad you can get out were in a deep freeze in the North
January 02, 2018 06:17PM

James A. Farley
Congrats on some very nice digs!!! (n/t)
January 02, 2018 01:52PM
More pictures (n/t)
January 02, 2018 11:57AM

Re: More pictures (n/t)
January 02, 2018 11:59AM

Re: More pictures (n/t)
January 02, 2018 12:00PM

Nice!!!! (n/t)
January 02, 2018 07:31PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 202
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 2955 on October 07, 2019