Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
Metal Detector Sales of SWMO White's Electronics
KellyCo Metal Detectors Minelab
Garrett Metal Detectors
KellyCo Metal Detectors North Georgia Detectors American Digger
Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures Reid's Detector Batteries Civil War Relics

WOW!!!! A digger's dream and you are living it. Congrats and WTG!!!!!! (n/t)

HUGE ORDINANCE CACHE DISCOVERED!!! PART 2!!!
March 12, 2018 08:30AM
The last couple of weeks have been hunts I will never forget! I have made a total of 5 more hunts to this site and discovered another 9 cannonballs! These include another 10 inch mortar ball (the third from this site), a CS 24 or 32 pound Coehorn Mortar, (1) 8 pound Revolutionary War howitzer, (2) Revolutionary War 8 pound solid shot, (1) 6 pound fused ball with lead plug, (2) 6 pound solid shot, and a revolutionary War 3 pound cannonball. Besides these picured on my work bench, I have found another (3) 6 pound solid shot which I myself have already electrolysized. So as it stands right now I have found SIXTEEN projectiles here since my first visit in mid January including what I think is a CS Archer, a Dyer projectile, and half of a Revolutionary War bar shot! This has been a site to behold as ordinance from both the Revolutionary War and Civil War was discovered here!!! I also, in one of my first trips here, found another ground burst 10 inch mortar ball. Hopefully I found all the pieces and some time in the future I will attempt to reconstruct this shell. It’s been a long time since I've dug this many projectiles in such a short time. Other relics discovered have included a beautiful brass Schenkel fuse, a Boremann fuse, a beautiful complete military Revolutionary War shoe buckle as well as part of another one, lots of frags and about 200 hundred case shot and minnies that I'm sure were in projectiles and cannonballs as well. This beautiful water front site has now been divided into 5 parcels and it will be only a matter of time before new construction begins. Hopefully before all this occurs I can discover a few more relics of our past. I carried all of the projectiles to Richmond on Saturday and they are now being defused and electrolysized. Once I get everything back I will post a part 3 to this story. I also plan on writing an article about this site as I feel it deserves to be documented and written about. I am glad I could rescue these projectiles from the ravages of time of ole historic Virginia! HH Devonrex

Edited 18 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2018 04:40PM by Devonrex.

man you tore it up!! Fantastic!! (n/t)
November 24, 2018 04:33PM
This message does not contain any text.
Re: HUGE ORDINANCE CACHE DISCOVERED!!! PART 2!!!
March 31, 2018 09:04PM
Awesome save!
Re: HUGE ORDINANCE CACHE DISCOVERED!!! PART 2!!!
October 22, 2018 09:50AM
gotta love deep iron great job
unreal! Congrats! (n/t)
March 20, 2018 07:44PM
WOW!!!! A digger's dream and you are living it. Congrats and WTG!!!!!! (n/t)
March 17, 2018 01:09PM
Not much to say but WOW. beer (n/t)
March 16, 2018 07:44AM
Very Nice.. (n/t)
March 13, 2018 08:20AM
Nice John. Important History. (n/t)
March 12, 2018 08:15PM
Awesome!! (n/t)
March 12, 2018 07:57PM
WOW! What a haul!!! Congrats! (n/t)
March 12, 2018 02:30PM
Congrats John!!! (n/t)
March 12, 2018 10:30AM
More PICS!!!
March 12, 2018 08:31AM
More pics.........

Re: More PICS!!!
March 12, 2018 10:54AM
Awesomegood job
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018