Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
Garrett Metal Detectors Minelab
White's Electronics Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
North Georgia Detectors American Digger
Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures Fort Bedford Metal Detectors Civil War Relics

advice on headphones needed please

advice on headphones needed please
December 20, 2018 10:38PM
i managed to pull my headphone wire out of the jack on the cheap pair of koss that comes with gpx 5000. looking for advice on a good replacement. Also, is it me or is the minelab pin pointer the best choice....it seems to be a pain to get it to come on and work. Always a fun time to drive 2 hours dig 5 70 cal prussian drops then pull the wire out

Thanks,

Jim
Time to go Wireless
December 21, 2018 08:32AM
I've been wireless for almost 2 years now. Great being unattached to the detector, especially in the woods and when diggin those monster gpx holes. No loss of sound quality, still hearing the deep faint signals. Best of all, no longer breaking down and shipping out phones that are under "lifetime warranty", warranty doesn't cover shipping costs and downtime. Plenty more options for wireless these days.

Reuben D. Beer - 3rd West Va Mounted Infantry as Private1861, M.O 1866 as Sergeant, 6th West Va Cavalry
George Beer - 3rd West Va Cavalry as Private1864, M.O June 1865
Henry Beer - 4th Pa Cavalry M.I. 1861, M,O as Sergeant in June 1865
James Ware - 20th Virginia Cavalry, resident Randolph, Virginia (West Va), unit disbanded in 1865
Re: Time to go Wireless
December 28, 2018 06:36PM
After I bought the deus and tried the wireless , I cant even use a detector with wired phones. I almost feel tied down. I have waterproof headphone for my Equinox and they make me feel tethered... like a horse to a post. lol
Which ones do you ave Dave? (n/t)
December 24, 2018 08:29AM
This message does not contain any text.
Deteknix WA Pro's (n/t)
December 24, 2018 09:51AM
This message does not contain any text.

Reuben D. Beer - 3rd West Va Mounted Infantry as Private1861, M.O 1866 as Sergeant, 6th West Va Cavalry
George Beer - 3rd West Va Cavalry as Private1864, M.O June 1865
Henry Beer - 4th Pa Cavalry M.I. 1861, M,O as Sergeant in June 1865
James Ware - 20th Virginia Cavalry, resident Randolph, Virginia (West Va), unit disbanded in 1865
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 02:24PM by Va Dave.
Re: advice on headphones needed please
December 21, 2018 07:02AM
I just bought a set of Gray Ghost originals from Fort Bedford Metal Detectors , really like em the Koss ones that came with the 4500 where kind of floppy on my noggin ... the gray ghost are nice and snug and have a racket volume control ... as far as pin pointers .. I own the Garrett carrot , Makro's pin pinter ., and the XP MI-6 ..they also make a MI-4..... . I think there is a pulse pinpointer out there also .... Merry Christmas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018