Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

The bigger question do you think the rest of it will be there. Going to have to go back and look!

period or post? any ideas welcomed
September 24, 2019 09:20PM
found this today and nothing else! It was on a house place but NOTHING else to date the site not the smallest piece of brass. Maybe just so dry I just didn't hear any. So nothing else to help. It is brass. house was a Rock Chimney house. White ceramic with no design.... But they had a pistol...
It is unique . Trigger was off center. screw holes beside the trigger were different size. Three holes in the bottom of the grip . Different enough maybe one day someone will know what it is. Thanks.

No markings or inspection stamps that I see

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2019 09:22PM by csovera.

That looks like the trigger guard to a Colt revolver......
September 26, 2019 12:32AM
Sometimes there is a serial number in the front of the trigger guard next to the single screw hole. It looks like it is period to me.
You nailed it! I think it is 07628 maybe. What kind of pistol is it?
September 26, 2019 09:55PM
I Missed it! Eyes are getting old. any help in what it was is appreciated or guesses appreciated also.
Carleton

That's an important part. I would have to believe that if that was discarded there, they probably just chunked the rest of the gun ? ? It had to be taken apart because that piece is screwed into another brass piece around the back of the grip.. Something else had to have broken, not the trigger guard. is that correct? I do believe it is a colt piece. The date I am not certain of..
going to look real close after work, I will let you know. Thanks. (n/t)
September 26, 2019 07:27AM
This message does not contain any text.
sn # 67628
September 27, 2019 07:13AM
I have taken a bunch of pictures dry wet in different light , I think it is 67628 . I think maybe it is a 1849 POCKET (.31 CALIBER ). size fits. It is very small . I found a serial number of one online 46263 made in 1852. The font and size of the serial number looks very similar. If I am wrong please let me know. Thanks Carleton.
Re: sn # 67628 (n/t)
September 27, 2019 07:15AM

Serial numbers........
September 28, 2019 09:24PM
According to Proofhouse.com if it is from an Army model its from 1862 - Navy model 1857 - Pocket model 1853 ,it looks like some hack marks around the screw hole. Very nice find !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Guests: 2955 on October 07, 2019