Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

Re: my best gues but I don't know.

jon
help id
October 28, 2019 02:15PM
found some civil-war items where i found the hillsborough button some time back it is brass about as thick as a nickel the end on the left has a slot in it and 3 rivet it looks like

my best gues but I don't know.
November 01, 2019 08:27AM
Jon, I don't know. But.. I think it is some type of latch for cloth. At the top , the brass is split down to a point. I think a very thin leather or cloth was slid down in the split , crimped back and pinned . I believe it is CW period or slightly earlier and I don't think it was in use long after the war .I dig a ton of 1890-1900 house places and you won't find one. I have enclose a picture of the ones I have found over the years , all were found on period or early sites. They come in slightly different sizes. Please post it , if you find the answer , I would like to know also. Good luck

Do you want to know what these really are? (n/t)
November 14, 2019 07:57PM
This message does not contain any text.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2019 08:20PM by Creskol.
jon
Re: my best gues but I don't know.
November 01, 2019 01:08PM
yea benn digging civil-war for 37 yrs and never seen one my self but did dig it alone with other civil-war relics also your.s are nice ones
Re: help id
October 29, 2019 12:09PM
That looks like part of the locking mechanism, most likely from a journal or small jewelry box.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 301
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 2955 on October 07, 2019