Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
White's Electronics KellyCo Metal Detectors
Minelab Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
Garrett Metal Detectors Black Box Stocks
American Digger North Georgia Detectors KellyCo Metal Detectors
Reid's Detector Batteries Fort Bedford Metal Detectors Civil War Relics

Re: Correct profile procedure

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLII
November 12 - 14, 2018
Diggin' In Virginia XLIII
November 15 - 17, 2018

Participant List

Release Form

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

Correct profile procedure
August 02, 2017 05:23AM
We need to be able to see your real name and your email address in order to be eligible for sign ups. If your email address is hidden and your real name isn’t available for all to see then your entry will not be valid.

From the menu go to Control Center

Under Personal Profile if your real name and email address isn’t showing then you need to make some changes.

To change your name ~ go to edit my profile and type in your real name. Then submit. You will get a message that says ‘profile successfully updated’.

To add your email address ~ go to edit my email settings. Put in the email address that you will use when you sign up for the hunt. Make sure you check the box ‘allow other users to see my email address’. Then submit. You will get a message that says ‘profile successfully updated’.

To verify that everything is correct go back to View My Profile.
Once completed to get out of the profile screen from the Menu go to Message List.

Take care of this now so when the time comes to sign up you have everything correct.
November 21, 2017 08:54PM
Hi Rose,
I will be signing up for myself and my son (16 at time of hunt). Does he need his own profile to sign up, or can I sign up for both of us on my account? He is really excited after reading about the hunt. We have hunted a few civil war sites in Gettysburg and also in Virginia with some success with buttons, bullets and some shell fragments. He actually had two of his finds (1773 VA Copper and a 1802 Draped Bust) posted in "Just Dug" in the July-August 2017 in American Digger magazine.
November 24, 2017 07:23PM
Larry,

You can sign up for both of you under your name. Post your signup and then post your son's signup when the time comes and, if selected, you can confirm for him and everything on the site without him having to establish a Treasure Spot profile separately for him. Keep your eyes peeled for the signup post by Rose.

Hugh Campbell.
November 24, 2017 09:14PM
Hugh is correct Larry however your son may be able to register as a Treasure Spot user with his own user name and post his finds for all to see if he want's to,,,I am not aware of age restriction for a T-Spot user but I could be wrong..... Since he is a Minor of coarse DIV LLC will need you to follow their guide lines for hunt participation one of which is the sign up procedure in which Hugh has given you the correct advice . good luck
November 02, 2017 11:06AM
Thanks Rose for the reminder, I know a lot of people miss out because they don't follow the directions given.
Hope to see you all in the Spring
November 01, 2017 09:41PM
Hello I could hope to be invited to the spring Hunt ... Ready , willing and able ... sincerely Jim
November 02, 2017 09:45AM
Jim,

You maximize your chances of getting invited by following Rose's Instructions TO THE LETTER. To that point, go into your account profile and make your email address visible to all users just as Rose instructed. It is presently hidden. The post you provided doesn't count because Rose cannot easily refer back to it during signup time.

Then periodically (at least once a day) monitor this forum and look for the posting that signups have started for DIV 40 and 41- it should show up sometime in the next few weeks. Follow Rose's instructions (again to the letter) in the first post of how to sign up in thst thread and then wait for the list to come out to see if you made it. It's that simple.

Good luck.

Hugh Campbell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2017 09:47AM by htcampbell2.
November 01, 2017 09:36PM
Jim Bonito
Northport , NY
marvfb44@aol.com
November 14, 2017 09:02AM
I just checked my profile ... all info seem to be correct I see my email and Real name ... thanks you so much .. I only hope to get the invite ...

Sincerely

Jim Bonito
November 03, 2017 10:29AM
Jim,

You need to go into your profile settings and unhide your email address. Click on your user name and you will see that it shows as hidden. You need to correct this before signups or you won't have a chance.
Jeff
November 14, 2017 08:55AM
Jeff Thank you
August 15, 2017 02:56AM
Thanks for the heads up. Just looked and noticed I had the opposite of everything required lol. Live and learn I suppose. Hope everyone has a great hunt.
August 08, 2017 09:43AM
Thanks I did not have my real name in the profile. I do now
August 03, 2017 09:18AM
Thanks Rose!

God bless everyone and God Bless the United States of America!

Ross Ledonne, USAF veteran, C-17 Loadmaster Charleston AFB SC. 16AS.
Edgewood Ky
August 02, 2017 07:29AM
Thank you Rose! Can't wait!
Thanks Rose thumbs up (n/t)
August 02, 2017 05:26AM
This message does not contain any text.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018