Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
Black Box Stocks Minelab
Garrett Metal Detectors Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
White's Electronics KellyCo Metal Detectors
North Georgia Detectors KellyCo Metal Detectors American Digger
Fort Bedford Metal Detectors Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures Reid's Detector Batteries

Re: How do you get into D.I.V?

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLII
November 12 - 14, 2018
Diggin' In Virginia XLIII
November 15 - 17, 2018

Participant List

Release Form

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

How do you get into D.I.V?
July 24, 2018 11:08AM
How do you get in to a hunt? I signed up just as the instructions listed. Also was decently early in doing so? I thought first timers had a better chance at attending? Any info would be great. Would love to atrend a d.i.v. Would like info so maybe I could get into a spring hunt. Thanks
Told ya! Know get your payment sent in and line up a carpool ride! (n/t)
September 08, 2018 09:22PM
This message does not contain any text.
July 26, 2018 12:22PM
I must say the first time I correctly signed up was last summer. I did everything right, double checked my name, nailed it early on the signups. That first time I didn't even make the alternate list. I stayed with it and signed up on DIV 40 and I made the list. I remember my hand slightly shaking as I slowly scrolled the list looking for my name. When I saw I made the list, it was worth the effort. Keep at it and don't take it personally or feel slighted. John and Rose are dealing with logistics that require tough decisions when narrowing down the list. Look toward possibly making the hunt from the alternate list, or signing up for next hunt. Your efforts will pay off in the end with persistency and patience.

Brian Kelly
MD'n in MD since 2012
July 25, 2018 07:22PM
You're 67 on the alternate list. As many will tell you you've got a really good chance at making it to the list. Keep watching as alternates move up as you have a very short window to confirm once moved to the list. Pay real close to any announcements about alternates that are ready to confirm and note watch for the first deadline for those already on the list to confirm. If they don't confirm in time things came move real quick. Good luck and be sure to update your profile
July 24, 2018 02:17PM
You need your whole name on your profile you only have your first name there. And it isn't first come first served it's by invitation.
July 24, 2018 11:11AM
First , to even be considered, you need to have your full real name in your profile ..
July 26, 2018 01:53AM
it's not based on your sign up spot... it is invitational. I have never been picked, but that won't deter me because the one thing I know is that if you don't sign up, you most definitely won't be picked. keep trying and when it does happen, you will appreciate it more.... I know I will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2018 10:33PM by Travis s.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018