Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
Metal Detector Sales of SWMO Minelab
Garrett Metal Detectors KellyCo Metal Detectors
White's Electronics Black Box Stocks
KellyCo Metal Detectors North Georgia Detectors American Digger
Reid's Detector Batteries Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures Civil War Relics

Anyone need folding shovels?

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLII
November 12 - 14, 2018
Diggin' In Virginia XLIII
November 15 - 17, 2018

Participant List

Release Form

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

Anyone need folding shovels?
August 03, 2018 01:51PM
I have 5 WWII Ames folders. Bought them years ago to sell to my buddies but never got around to it. Trying to get rid of some "stuff". Two of them are just like new with cases and they are $40 each and three others with some diggin' experience 1 with a case for $30 and two without cases $25. I have one 1944 Ames that needs a handle so if you know how to whittle you can have it for $15. I also have a Lesche folding shovel with a little experience for $45. These 1940's Ames shovels are getting hard to find and they work great down in huts/trashpits.You can pick em up at the hunt meeting or I'll ship for the actual shipping cost. If you wanna pick em up I'll require prepayment as some folks are like me and seem to forget. Two more pic to follow since Donnie will only let me post 5 pics.

"The major difference between the most and least successful person is the latter's lack of awareness. Successful people are critical of their own performance. Unsuccessful people are critical of the performance of others."

Will Rogers once said "There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
Re: Anyone need folding shovels?
August 18, 2018 11:46AM
John sent you a PM on the Lesche shovel and have not heard back. is it sold or what???

Richard Smith

treasure depot = Banned for Life & PROUD of it
I'll take one if there are any left. New preferred (n/t)
August 14, 2018 07:22PM
This message does not contain any text.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2018 08:42PM by dawgmanvt.
You got it Lee. PayPal jaken@hughes.net (n/t)
August 06, 2018 12:06PM

"The major difference between the most and least successful person is the latter's lack of awareness. Successful people are critical of their own performance. Unsuccessful people are critical of the performance of others."
Will Rogers once said "There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
I'll take on John... (n/t)
August 04, 2018 10:04PM
either one will do (n/t)
August 12, 2018 01:17PM
Which one you want Dennis?
August 06, 2018 12:08PM
872 or 867? $25 PayPal jaken@hughes.net

August 03, 2018 03:53PM
hi john this is danny long I'm interested Lesche folding shovels if u will call me @804-739-4366
August 03, 2018 02:16PM
John

I am interested in one of the two "new" Ames ones with case. If okay, I can pick up at 43. Let me know and I'll get payment in the mail to you.

Many Thanks!!

Russ

Thank you!! (n/t)
August 03, 2018 02:32PM
August 03, 2018 02:13PM
Hey John I am feeling a special connection to the Ames on the bottom right IMG0863 like new with case for 40 bucks. I can pick it up at 43 . If you can hold it for me I can either fire you out a check or even paypal thru friends and family. Let me know. Thanks... Bill Butski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2018 02:14PM by Magicfireman.
You got it Bill. Paypal is jaken@hughes.net (n/t)
August 03, 2018 02:20PM

Re: You got it Bill. Paypal is jaken@hughes.net
August 03, 2018 02:35PM
Thanks John . Done deal. Just don't tell my back surgeon I ordered a shovel !!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2018 02:39PM by Magicfireman.
Ames Entrenching Tools...
August 03, 2018 01:58PM
Are by far the best quality WWII folders. There were several other makers but they fell short on quality construction. The Ames shovels have a slight curvature to the blade that makes the much easier to dig with.

Re: Anyone need folding shovels? 2 more pictures.
August 03, 2018 01:53PM

Re: Anyone need folding shovels? 2 more pictures.
August 11, 2018 08:15PM
John do you have any Ames shovels left? I sent a PM but didn’t hear back . Thanks Mike Czop 215-990-2222
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 70
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018