Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
Garrett Metal Detectors KellyCo Metal Detectors
White's Electronics Black Box Stocks
Metal Detector Sales of SWMO Minelab
KellyCo Metal Detectors North Georgia Detectors American Digger
Reid's Detector Batteries Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures Fort Bedford Metal Detectors

3 ~ DIV XLII (42) alternates has moved up

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLII
November 12 - 14, 2018
Diggin' In Virginia XLIII
November 15 - 17, 2018

Participant List

Release Form

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

3 ~ DIV XLII (42) alternates has moved up
August 30, 2018 12:59PM
Congratulations to the following guys, you've been moved up to the participants list.

Robert Larkin
Chad Childs
Larry Childs

You must request to join the private forum in order to be marked confirmed. Please follow the instructions below. Deadline for your confirmations will be Saturday September 1st at 6:00 p.m. EST

Entry fee and carpool deadline is Friday September 7th.

Private forums have been setup for disseminating information pertaining to XLII. Information posted on this forum will be private in nature relating to the hunt and of interest to people that are participants in this hunt. This private forum will be used instead of sending out information via email.

The link below will take you to a section in the CONTROL CENTER that will allow you to make a request to join the group for the private forum.

http://www.mytreasurespot.com/main/control.php?0,panel=groups

After you make the request, a forum moderator will have to approve the request before you can access the private forum. Request will only be approved for those persons that are participants of the hunt. Once your request is approved, you will see the private forum listed on the main forum index below the regular DIV forum.

The regular DIV forum will continue to be the main source of information about all DIV hunts. Only use the private forum to receive information specific to the hunt (i.e. payments, parking, hotel info, etc...)
Re: 3 ~ DIV XLII (42) alternates has moved up
September 04, 2018 06:43PM
That is really unfortunate, but other than setting up an RSS feed for yourself (which the site supports) it is up to each potential participant to remain plugged in. If you have any DIV friends or acquaintances, they can help too. My phone has at least 10 phone numbers on group text standby to let folks know what is going on when real life gets in the way of frequent website check ins.

While it helps to check in every day (and takes all of a few seconds), a little foresight and common sense can be used to determine when you really need to pay close attention. Periodically checking the list to look for progress that your name will soon come up should spur greater vigilance. Paying attention to Rose's postings for additional info from alternates and deadline periods for payment are when things typically move fastest.

Finally, recognizing that getting an invite is a highly sought after and coveted thing that several good people are vying for. So sometimes the only thing that provides John and Rose a differentiator between those waiting in line is figuring out who wants it the most by noting those who are paying attention. Unfortunate but it is hardly arbitrary and something that is easily under your control. Sorry if this is coming across as harsh (not intended to), but it takes a lot of Rose's time for planning. posting, chasing down the hunt logistics for hundreds of participants. So it is up to each participant to put in at least some effort in an attempt to control their own destiny. Just trying to help you and others from missing out on their chance for next time. HTH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2018 06:15AM by htcampbell2.
Re: 3 ~ DIV XLII (42) alternates has moved up
September 03, 2018 04:13PM
I just now saw my name was moved up to the list and i have already missed my chance. For future reference, is there any way to get notifications from the forum or do i have to just check in everyday? Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 75
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018