Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras
Garrett Metal Detectors Black Box Stocks
White's Electronics Minelab
KellyCo Metal Detectors Metal Detector Sales of SWMO
KellyCo Metal Detectors North Georgia Detectors American Digger
Old Rebellion War Relics & Miniatures Civil War Relics Reid's Detector Batteries

Ok folks.....

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLII
November 12 - 14, 2018
Diggin' In Virginia XLIII
November 15 - 17, 2018

Participant List

Release Form

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

Ok folks.....
September 02, 2018 11:44AM
Rules are put in place for a reason

Deadlines are made for a reason

Ignoring them is not a good reason...it causes us a lot of extra work and stress, we can't fulfill our obligations if you don't honor yours.

Please look over both lists and get in touch with those that have not paid and does not have a ride lined up.
If they have mailed their check they need to let me know.....if they aren't planning on coming then they need to cancel.
If they don't have a ride lined up they need to do so immediately......3 - 4 per vehicle.

Let's all work together to make this happen.
This message does not contain any text.
Re: Ok folks.....
September 03, 2018 08:35PM
Rose, I am already on 42. Got moved up to active on 43 on Sunday. I have confirmed with the private group page. Check and release in mail. Will get picked up Tuesday . You should have it this week. I am riding with Hugh Campell. I really appreciate the chance to go again. Thanks for your hard work.
September 03, 2018 06:55AM
Rose, I’m an Alt for 43. I got moved up on the 29th. Release and check handed to the mailman on the 30th. I suspect you’ll have it in Tuesday’s mail.
September 02, 2018 04:09PM
You're too nice to people Rose. I hope those that need to respond get with the ball. People let's make it easy on Rose so we can continue to enjoy these hunts in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 04:10PM by abenson.

James A. Farley
I try to get my finds list in the day I get home, and pay as soon as possible. For those that say they have to wait till the last minute to pay because of insufficient finds I say hogwash. I put a little away every week starting after a DIV in a little jar, so when the time comes I HAVE the $$ to pay. Fall is tough for US because we have taxes due on three properties, and our yearly car insurance is due then too (on 4 cars). BIG chunk of change all at once. Spring is tough too because of federal taxes. Im an independant contractor and pay all my taxes out of pocket. A big big chunk of change, but somehow I have $$ to pay for DIV. Its called planning. I know life gets in the way sometimes but there is no reason to make it so difficult at the last minute for the organizers unless there is a death in the family or a sickness. We LOVE coming to DIV and seeing everyone twice a year. I wouldn't jeopardize that by dragging my feet when it comes to MY obligations. (and when we sign up we enter into a contract, and HAVE obligations to hold up OUR end of the deal) I know this will probably piss someone off..........but thats life. Get over it. Patiently waiting for fall.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
I feel your pain, being unemployed and starting a new job, I squirreled my vacation money away, I am not getting paid for the week there so had to put that aside too. See ya soon
well said!!! The majority of us know we're going to try to go so why not squirrel a little away in advance so you're ready.
September 02, 2018 03:11PM
i would just go by the rules you set and anyone not confirmed and payed by the deadline be removed and replaced with an alternate. i bet the next time they will abide by your rules. i know allot of these people are your friend, but a true friend wouldn't put you in such a stressful situation.
September 02, 2018 01:41PM
Feel bad you have to do this every hunt. Not hard to just take care of business.
Thanks Brian and the funny thing is
September 02, 2018 02:01PM
This week John and I have been talking about the spring hunt and trying to work out some logistics as we only have 3 months to pull it together once the fall hunts are over. I like to have sign ups in early Dec and post the list by Christmas BUT now I don't know if it is worth the hassle. There for awhile it was much better but this time......gritting teethbang head
Sorry Rose hope the next is better
September 10, 2018 09:30PM
As hospitals normally do 6 week schedules I would love sign ups in Dec to be assurred I can get the time off just in case I get picked. Thanks for all you do. Barb
Re: Thanks Brian and the funny thing is
September 02, 2018 09:48PM
Rose you make the rules for a reason but if you don't enforce them then why have them, people will continue to take advantage as long as you let them get away with it. JMO. It's called responsibilities and where you put your priorities just like Streak said.
Re: I hope you get it all straightned out Rose,ughhhhhammer (n/t)
September 02, 2018 12:39PM
September 02, 2018 12:19PM
I have sent out some texts to folks I know.
Thank you
September 02, 2018 12:23PM
I hope it helps.
Re: Thank you
September 02, 2018 12:31PM
I don't know any of the confirmed folks who haven't paid up but got the word out to alternates who have not responded to your other state your intentions post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018