Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

Coiltek Pro Elite 14" DD works very well... Good in between coil vs. 11" to 18" DD coils plus much lighter than 15" spiral... (n/t)

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLVI
November 4th - 6th, 2019
Diggin' In Virginia XLVII
November 7th - 9th

Participant List

Release Form

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

best coil for gpx... detech sef15 or dd spiral 15 (n/t)
March 16, 2019 07:22AM
This message does not contain any text.

Dano in GA
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2019 02:49PM by dano.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Detech SEF 15. But, I made a plexiglas cover for the coil (n/t)
March 17, 2019 01:40PM
Re: best coil for gpx... detech sef15 or dd spiral 15
March 16, 2019 02:31PM
Only issue I have with the SEF is that the open design which makes it lighter also causes it to get hung up on corn stalks or any other plants/things sticking up out of the ground. Sealed designs like the Commander series or Detech closed coil alternatives allow you to brush right over that stuff. You can rig up a flat coil cover but then you are adding weight... Detech sealed coils are slightly lighter, cost less, and are waterproof vs. their Commander counterparts. But the Commander's have slightly better performance, including slightly better compatibility with the built-in GPX iron rejection feature. Even though the Commander coils are not waterproof per se, they will work fine in dew and even in light rain showers, they are just not supposed to be submerged or used in downpours. HTH
I have never had an issue with commander coils, even in heavy rains.
March 17, 2019 03:01PM
the only way water can/might get into a coil is thru the holes in the ears. And thats an easy spot to make water tight. I wish they would fill them when they are made. I see a lot of guys trying to water proof where the cable enters the coil, but that's already waterproof by way of design. Total waste of time messing with it. I squeeze RTV into the holes om my commander coils, insert a bolt and wait for the sealer to set up. This not only waterproofs the ear holes, it stiffens them too. When guys overtighten the bolt it warps the ears and can let water in.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2019 01:55PM by Streak!.
I have the Detech SEF and really like it (n/t)
March 16, 2019 10:47AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018