Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

Re: Oh guys and gals. I am so excited but I am starting to feel.....

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLVIII
March 30 - April 1, 2020
Diggin' In Virginia XLIX
April 2 - April 4, 2020

Participant List

Participant List

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

Oh guys and gals. I am so excited but I am starting to feel.....
March 22, 2019 12:35PM
Like I have no idea what I am doing! My husband and I are newbies. I'm starting to feel a little intimidated and overwhelmed! My little AT Pro is nothing compared to your big monsters. I keep reading about coils and pulses and I have no idea. Like I have said many many times before. I am so humbled to be able to be beside you all during this trip. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I have come to realize there is so much more to learn and I may be coming home empty handed. I am going to keep the faith and pray to even find one bullet. Of course my bucket lister is a belt plate or breast plate. Ha! I look forward to meeting all of you and learning from the pro's. Matt and I are leaving tomorrow morning and heading out with an overnight stop in Pittsburgh. I am so stinking excited. I look forward to meeting you all!!! Happy hunting!

Kami Pike
March 25, 2019 07:31AM
My 1st DIV which was only last April I kind of felt the same way ... didn't wanna say anything to anybody .... Boy was I wrong ... everybody is friendly , if you ask they will tell ... Coming down Tuesday Cant wait I should be there Now Dang ! oh and another thing Slow Slow Slow pace .... it works
Don’t be intimidated! Lots of folks will help you out.
March 24, 2019 09:41PM
Wish I could be there this hunt, but just relax and enjoy. We are all still learning.

Jacala Ryberg

Great great grandfather John J Thomas, Pvt. Co K 52nd Virginia Infantry; 2nd Great Uncle John R Thomas Pvt. Co A 62nd Virginia Mounted Infantry ; 2nd Great Uncle Charles D. Thomas Co G 11th Virginia Cavalry; 2nd Great Uncle Jacob W. Thomas Pvt. Co G 11th Virginia Cavalry.
This message does not contain any text.

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable solider on earth." Stonewall Jackson

Eric Champigny
You and your husband will definitely have FUN......
March 23, 2019 01:34AM
that being said, I have seen a lot of first timers who are looking for just one bullet and find way more than that (sometimes an extraordinary relic !) The potential at these spots that John and Rose put together is Very high if you are willing to- Never Give Up , relax,and have fun. No matter what machine you are using - Just remember things were flying all over this farm during the Civil War and a relic could be waiting for you ANYWHERE ! metal detecting smileygood job
There's no doubt that you will find something of value....
March 23, 2019 12:52AM
...friends, knowledge and an experience not found elsewhere...The relics are just a bonus...I'm sure you both will be happy you attended. I hope to meet you both this week.

Doug
Take a chill pill and relax!!!
March 22, 2019 07:56PM
AT PRO will do you fine, just go slow and ground balance a lot. For get looking at the screen, just listen and dig!!! Most of all enjoy and meet people! ! The relics will come.
chill young lady. you are in good company. thumbs up
March 22, 2019 05:26PM
there are literally hundreds of participants that will take time out of their day to help you if you struggle. My best advice is to slow down, take a deep breath and just have fun. the more relaxed you are the better time you will have. Just dont get downwind of Marc Sciance. Other than that you are good to go!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Hey Kami, PM me
March 22, 2019 04:49PM
I could meet up with you and your husband and let you use my GPX for a few hours if you would like. Not sure what hunt your attending, but I'll be at 45.

Sgt. Benjamin Orbin Company B 85th Pennsylvania
Pvt. George Orbin Company C 85th Pennsylvania
Pvt. Mark Slonaker 23rd Ohio Infantry
Don't feel intimidated.....
March 22, 2019 02:39PM
Go slow, dig most signals at first (until you can recognize and/or distinguish/discriminate what is good and bad signal-wise with your machine), and ask questions if you need to (veteran DIVer's are very generous with their time helping others).

Remember.......swing and walk SLOW!

Good luck to you and your husband and have fun!
March 22, 2019 02:29PM
Don't put undo pressure on yourself..I know it's hard though!! Take your time, search slow..then slow it down more. Enjoy the scenery! The relics are a plus, but the fun you will have, and the friends you will make are a huge part of these hunts
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 289
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 2955 on October 07, 2019