Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

DIV 44 and road trip relics

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLVIII
March 30 - April 1, 2020
Diggin' In Virginia XLIX
April 2 - April 4, 2020

Participant List

Participant List

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

DIV 44 and road trip relics
March 28, 2019 09:05PM
I just got back to Maine after another rewarding Civil War relic hunting trip. My wife Kat and I had a great time as usual. Special thanks to John and Rose for another historic property, and to Mike Palmer and John Klein for a lot of laughs. Fair Oaks was a challenging site, but great finds were to be had with luck and hard work. My favorite find of the hunt is the early type lead Hotchkiss fuse with the iron tube still intact and the impressions from the case shot balls clearly visible. I wanted a fuse on this hunt and this was my first good target. I dug a Gardner and dropped Sharps in the woods, which produced great Finds for some people. I also included a second photo of finds I made at 3 different battlefield areas in Virginia and Pennsylvania during our trip. Yesterday I managed to find a second fuse, a Schenkl percussion. Great time as always, and now back to work in the frozen North.

Eric Champigny

Re: DIV 44 and road trip relics
March 31, 2019 07:45AM
Congrats Eric ... and I thought I had a far drive whoa !!
Not to shabby.. I like the variety! Thanks for sharing! (n/t)
March 31, 2019 06:45AM
This message does not contain any text.

~~ "There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." Mark Twain ~~
Re: DIV 44 and road trip relics
March 29, 2019 10:02PM
There's a place at Sharpsburg that was like that,schrapnel everywhere!! Nice digs to ya both beer

Eric Champigny
Nice finds Eric! What is the relic in the lower left? (n/t)
March 29, 2019 11:37AM
Nice job digging Eric. (n/t)
March 29, 2019 10:40AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 300
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 2955 on October 07, 2019