Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

DIV XLV Finds

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLVI
November 4th - 6th, 2019
Diggin' In Virginia XLVII
November 7th - 9th

Participant List

Release Form

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

DIV XLV Finds
March 31, 2019 02:48PM
As always, I had an amazing time at Diggin' In Virginia. No matter how hard we hunt, Brandy Rock always produces! Was slow-going on the first day but I really picked it up on Days 2 and 3 to fill my display case. Finished the hunt with 21 bullets, four Eagle buttons, an ammo box finial, a beautiful gilded civilian button, and a carved lead number 4! Still in shock about that! The first number/letter I have ever found! Thank you John, Rose, and the DIV committee for organizing these hunts. Special thanks to Keith Leppert for coming in clutch with two GPX batteries when both of mine decided to die at the same time the night before the hunt! Also big thanks to Dan Lindstrom and Larry Shirah for being great dig partners and drivers and for letting me borrow a spare coil when my 11" x 15" Commander up and quit on me (technology was not my friend this hunt...).

Wrote an article about the whole DIV experience on my website: https://www.discoveramericablog.com/single-post/2019/03/31/Diggin-In-Virginia-XLV-Brandy-Rock-Farm. Got more pictures from the hunt and BBQ posted there! Thanks everyone! Already looking forward to the next!

A little dirt doesn't hurt.

Nice!thumbs up (n/t)
April 03, 2019 10:37PM
This message does not contain any text.
Re: DIV XLV Finds
April 03, 2019 10:18PM
Outstanding Finds Tim!!! metal detecting smileyWave You certianly out hunted us old folksstars (n/t)
April 01, 2019 07:33PM

Dano in GA
Re: DIV XLV Finds
March 31, 2019 08:03PM
Just looked over your article and the pictures awesome Tim
Good variety. The number 4 is awesome. (n/t)
March 31, 2019 05:11PM

Eric Champigny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018