Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

WaveFall DIV Update

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLIV
March 25 - 27, 2019
Diggin' In Virginia XLV
March 28 - 30, 2019

Participant List

Release Form

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

WaveFall DIV Update
May 16, 2019 08:40AM
An update on what is going on with the Fall DIV. The committee members and I have done 3 site surveys in the last couple months and have another coming up very soon. The 3 sites we surveyed had some relics scattered about but we deemed them to not be worthy of a DIV. Unfortunately, or fortunately, our standards are set pretty high which makes it difficult to find sites we would lease. The one coming up is pretty exciting and I'm cautiously optimistic it may prove to be worthy of a Fall hunt. We will most likely stick with the 2 hunt week since the majority seems to like having those. Hopefully the new site pans out and we may combine it with a return to one of the tried and true places unless........We have been working on 2 sites that if we could have secured would be awesome hunts. One of them just completely fell through with the landowner totally not interested at any price. The other is still "up in the air" and I hold out some hope it may come through. If all the stars align we may have two new sites for Fall. Kinda remote but possible so hang in there. Our normal summer sign-ups may be a little delayed but rest assured there is a method to our madness.metal detecting smiley

"The major difference between the most and least successful person is the latter's lack of awareness. Successful people are critical of their own performance. Unsuccessful people are critical of the performance of others."

Will Rogers once said "There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
Appreciate the update! (n/t)
May 21, 2019 11:04AM
This message does not contain any text.
Thanks a ton John! (n/t)
May 20, 2019 03:38PM
Re: WaveFall DIV Update
May 20, 2019 03:30PM
Hello, I am new and was wondering who I would contact about attending this hunt. Thanks
Thanks for the update, looking forward to this fall!! (n/t)
May 20, 2019 11:14AM
Thanks for the update, looking forward to fall! (n/t)
May 19, 2019 11:31PM

Kennesaw, Ga
May 19, 2019 11:07AM
It seems to me that this is not your "first rodeo", so there is no question that you KNOW what you're doing! We patiently await your decision on the next sites. I cannot wait! No doubt it will be most worthwhile. Thanks for the update.

USAR LTC (R), Proud to be GGG grandson of Willis Richard Simmons, Pvt, 38th MS (mounted) Infantry, and GG grandson of (doctor) 1LT George Washington Varnado, Co.A, 1st LA Partisan Cavalry, CSA. My first Simmons ancestor, James Symonds, landed in Norfolk (now Virginia Beach, VA) aboard the Constance in 1615 and settled on 100 acres where two creeks are joined. He served in the Virginia Militia and his name is listed in Pilgrims and Cavaliers, as well as The First Family of Virginia. He was 21 when he arrived in Norfolk, VA, and all of his children were surnamed "Simmons".
May 18, 2019 10:37PM
Thanks for the update John. You and I spoke at Beauregard last year about a great property and how the landowner just was not interested in having a hunt there. You and the committee have done a great job over the years and we have been very fortunate to be able to hunt the places we have had. Dealing with landowners is tough and sometimes they just won’t budge no matter what.
Thanks for the update! (n/t)
May 17, 2019 11:11PM
Thanks John. The anticipation about the hunts is part off the fun! (n/t)
May 17, 2019 10:08PM

Paternal Great grandfather: Corporal Thomas Ledford Sizemore, served in 14th Va Infantry. Wounded and taken prisoner after Picketts Charge.
Maternal Great grandfather: Lieutenant John S. Alvis, served as Asst Quarter Master in Virginia Calvary battalions.
I've always liked your method to our madness metal detecting smiley (n/t)
May 17, 2019 06:54PM

Reuben D. Beer - 3rd West Va Mounted Infantry as Private1861, M.O 1866 as Sergeant, 6th West Va Cavalry
George Beer - 3rd West Va Cavalry as Private1864, M.O June 1865
Henry Beer - 4th Pa Cavalry M.I. 1861, M,O as Sergeant in June 1865
James Ware - 20th Virginia Cavalry, resident Randolph, Virginia (West Va), unit disbanded in 1865
Sounds good John! Thanks (n/t)
May 17, 2019 09:54AM

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable solider on earth." Stonewall Jackson
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up (n/t)
May 17, 2019 09:05AM
May 17, 2019 06:30AM
Thank you for the Update John .. Sounds exciting..... but I should also say thanks for putting in the time to find us DIVers these sites , shouldn't write without mentioning that .... Thank you

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2019 06:54AM by Dumpsite Digger.
May 16, 2019 11:32PM
Exciting news! Do you have an idea on a date(s) yet?
May 16, 2019 10:08PM
Thank You John, good luck.
May 16, 2019 09:50PM
Thanks John. Looking forward to another great time.
May 16, 2019 09:22PM
John, thank you for your efforts. If it can be done I know you will find a way. Mike Czop
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up (n/t)
May 16, 2019 08:07PM
Old or new, it's always a great time at DIV!thumbs up (n/t)
May 16, 2019 05:53PM
Different spot sounds interesting I'll be ready heck I'm ready now (n/t)
May 16, 2019 05:33PM

James A. Farley
May 16, 2019 05:18PM
Ready to dig. metal detecting smiley (n/t)
May 16, 2019 02:15PM
Thanks for the update and effort trying to secure a worthy spot (n/t)
May 16, 2019 02:00PM
Thanks John ! (n/t)
May 16, 2019 12:45PM
That sounds good. Can’t wait (n/t)
May 16, 2019 10:04AM
May 16, 2019 09:37AM
Looking forward to see what you all come up with. Thanks for all the hard work you all put in so we can have good locations to hunt :-)
Thanks for the Update John, fingers crossed!!! (n/t)
May 16, 2019 09:29AM

Sam Gomez
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Guests: 349 on April 09, 2018