Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

As you know Barry I have a very bad back so I know what you are going through. You have our prayers my friend. (n/t)

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLVI
November 4th - 6th, 2019
Diggin' In Virginia XLVII
November 7th - 9th

Participant List

Release Form

Participant List

Release Form

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

Prayer request
May 22, 2019 06:14AM
I've been dealing with major lower back pain since January. Ironically, i was doing what i love to do when i felt it go bad...digging a pit in a winter camp. I made it through the spring DIV hunt a couple months later but it's been taxing ever since. Not only do I never dig anymore, it has become very difficult to interact with my son like I want to which is what pains me the most emotionally. Every day is a whirlwind of emotions.

MRI results show a major bulging disc at the L3/L4 level and a small tear in the L4/L5 disc. I'm struggling mentally at this point thinking about my future whether it be digging or my quality of life going forward. I go for injections tomorrow and dread the thought of surgery.

Please send some prayers up for me.
Thanks,
Barry

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2019 06:20AM by spear85.
Re: Prayer request
June 29, 2019 11:27PM
Prayers sent I hope you are back enjoying your son very soon
I hope you're feeling better Barry...we'll keep you in our prayers. (n/t)
June 02, 2019 11:38AM
This message does not contain any text.
Re: Prayers sent..........
May 30, 2019 10:21AM
Barry,

I truly feel your pain! I have a bulging disk in L4/L5 which has been lingering for almost a year now. Might right quad muscle feels like a mule kicked me several times and my right calf is numb from the knee to my ankle with sharp burning pains constantly. I don't know if you've tried the "inversion table" and if not, you might want to look into it. It does provide some relief although temporary, but it's worth it. In fact, it's pretty good soul medicine as you can get your son to help you on the table with adjusting it and have some laughs while he totters you to different levels. Both my son and daughter do that with/for me and we always have a chuckle!

I'll be praying for you and I do hope you find relief soon! As Gen. Nathen Bedford Forrest said, "Keep up the Skeer"! God bless and take care, Shane
May 26, 2019 07:23AM
Barry,
I am sorry to hear. I have been dealing with same issues since 1995. They always tell me the same, opioids, physical therapy or surgery. Stay away from pain meds if you can, I just started another 8 week session of physical therapy which is basically a bandaid. Do surgery.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Leo Croft, Command Sergeant Major Retired, WWII, Korea, Vietnam
Frederick Croft, Pvt. 18th South Carolina Infantry, KIA Petersburg July 1st 1864
David B. Quertermous, Captain, DeWitt Guards, 1st Arkansas Infantry
Gideon Sampson, Pvt. 23rd Illinois Infantry
Charles Payne, Sgt. 20th Alabama Infantry
William Payne, Pvt. 20th Alabama Infantry
William Y. Croft, Pvt. 18th South Carolina Infantry
Lewis Croft, Pvt. 3rd Confederate Cavalry
Prayer are with you Barry. (n/t)
May 24, 2019 06:45PM

Jeffery Denning
Barry, keeping you in our thoughts and prayers... (n/t)
May 24, 2019 08:13AM
Will keep you and your family in my prayers. (n/t)
May 24, 2019 06:19AM
Keep the Faith Barry, I'll keep you in my Prayers. Hope with therapy
May 23, 2019 10:04PM
that all goes well for you. I'm having some problems myself, but am thinking old age is creeping up on me. I go to the Dayton Ohio VA next week to have my spinal cord checked for maybe a pinched nerve. I'll be driving down the road and my left or right arm will just go numb, it's pretty scary. Hopefully they will find the cause.

Praying for you my friend,

Denny
Prayers and thought in Whatever you may choose (n/t)
May 23, 2019 07:02AM
Trust in modern medicine and prayers for you and your doctors! (n/t)
May 22, 2019 11:40PM
May 22, 2019 07:15PM
Prayers sent Barry!
May 22, 2019 04:53PM
If surgery is the way to go, keep in mind they can do so much more now than they did even ten years ago! Also, if you do have the surgery, don't rush your recovery! DO WHAT THE DOCTOR AND PHYSICAL THERAPISTS SAY! I am confident you will be back finding and digging those pits in no time! Take care!
May 22, 2019 07:48AM
Hope everything goes well for you Barry!angel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 222
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 2955 on October 07, 2019