Howdy!! Log In Register A New Profile Link Exchange Image Resize Terms of service Extras

Re: VLF at coles hill?

DIV Frequently Asked Questions

DIV Photo Gallery
DIV Checklist

Diggin' In Virginia XLVIII
March 30 - April 1, 2020
Diggin' In Virginia XLIX
April 2 - April 4, 2020

Participant List

Participant List

Please use the other forums on the Spot for non-DIV related post.
Diggin' in Virginia is in NO WAY affiliated with any other "organized" hunts.
We DO NOT have any contact information for any principals of any other "organized" relic hunts.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call us for information on hunts other than DIV!

VLF at coles hill?
July 04, 2019 08:58PM
I was wondering what the dirt is like at coles hill for using a vlf machine.
VLF’s
August 13, 2019 12:05PM
These farms have been hit many times over with VLF’s and Pulse machines. You’re gonna want to use a Pulse at this point. A lot of deep relics left, but you won’t get to their level with a VLF. You might hear about a hunter finding a couple things but it’s gonna be a long hunt if you choose to use a VLF.

You can buy a used GPX’s or a Whites TDI Pro’s at a decent price these days.
July 29, 2019 09:16AM
I used a Nautilus DMC4 (made for hotter dirt) at coles hill DIV 10. it would not touch the soil there was worthless in the fields but did work O.K. in the woods where the confederate hut sites were.
July 05, 2019 09:31PM
You'll have as much luck with a VLF at Cole's Hill as at any DIV site. The ground ranges fron hot in the fields to less hot in the woods. Shallower surface finds get churned up as the fields get worked (though realistically, they are not going to pop out of the ground, either) and there is plenty to be had in the wooded areas. I have snagged finds with VLF machines at practically every DIV site I have been to, including Coles Hill (Equinox/Deus). It is not easy but can be done. The GPX will outperform a VLF under most DIV conditions except where the iron is thick, then a fast VLF will prevail. Have your wife set her expectations realistically, have a positive attitude, do some detective work on areas at the site that are VLF friendly, sprinkle in sone luck, dig ALL repeatable signals, and it should be a good time.
Or rent my TDI pulse for $100 (n/t)
August 12, 2019 07:54PM
This message does not contain any text.
What kind of VLF machine? (n/t)
July 05, 2019 08:17AM
Re: What kind of VLF machine?
July 05, 2019 06:34PM
I have a whites dfx and garrett at max , i was thinking about signing up the wife and letting her use on of them. Ill be renting a 4500.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 243
Record Number of Users: 92 on September 29, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 2955 on October 07, 2019